Turntables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turntables

I think I want one. Anybody have one they'd recommend? I see many affordable options that look decent on the Amazon.com.

I used to rock some Technics back in the day, but those are pricey. I'm assuming these are for listening and not for WIKKA WIKKA WAHHH stuff?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, listening. the only DJing I do is of the Hero variety.

Comment

do you care about turning the records to digital files? or straight "plug this fucker into a decent receiver and rock faces off?" table?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

follow up question: do you have a receiver with a phono input?

Comment

also, price point? and are you one of those "audiophiles"?

Comment

Also can Rob pet your turntable once you buy it? Because it's obvious he has a boner for it already.

J/K Rerb, it's cool somebody around here knows some thangs.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I used to collect records and had some decent equipment. I've been toying with getting back into it. hah

Comment

You wanna be on Master of the Mix season 2 don't you?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

No receiver, so recommendations there would be fine, too. Honestly, because of space considerations I was thinking of finding a unit I could plug a nice set of headphones into and calling it good. Digital conversion would be a bonus. This one seems okay but I just started looking at this stuff today:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...rds=Turntables

Comment

not a bad table for entry, but you'd want to get a different cartridge to make it way more better.

Comment

What do cartridges do? I mean, how do you choose a good one?

Found my dad's old Dual 704 today but don't have anything that takes RCA plugs. :-/

Comment

Should I get a new slipmat? I'm using the one that came with the system, I just think it looks a bit dusty.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I have a few different slipmats. Can't hurt to have more than one but if not just lint roll your current one for dust.

Comment

Working...
                            X