No announcement yet.

June 17, 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember before the chase happened, when I was still thinking, "Oh, well, of course the police questioned him. Poor woman got chopped up, they have to question him since he's her ex-husband. I'm sure it's just routine, standard procedure." I never honestly thought he was guilty till the Bronco chase.

The day or so after it happened, I was sitting at work with the NY Daily News on my desk when one of our bosses walked by. He stopped, and took a look at it, and - honestly, I don't follow or enjoy sports - he said the most perfect thing. He was talking about how hard to believe that such a likeable guy was being looked at for this brutal double murder, and he said, "You know, even if you didn't like football, you liked OJ." And it was true - I would never willingly sit and watch a sporting event. But before the murders, I just really really liked him a lot, I remember that.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

He was Officer Nordberg,

My dad would jokingly say that Naked Gun movies were banned until they digitally removed his character from the movies.

But thank god he never got cast as The Terminator.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        He was Officer Nordberg
        That's a perfect example right there. Pre-murders, I used to think, "Wow, what a great, easy-going guy! What a great sense of humor he must have about himself, to be able to let himself look like an idiot for laughs." Who would have thought, you know?
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

don't forget the Hertz rental car commercials.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I can't say whether his domestic violence incidents made the news. That was before my time.

Comment

I can't say whether his domestic violence incidents made the news. That was before my time.
              I never heard about any of them till after the murders when everything came out.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                I never heard about any of them till after the murders when everything came out.
                Same here. Before this shit happened, I was on board the OJ Love Train, even when he was playing football. EVERYONE loved OJ back then. Like Lisa said before, when the murders happened, everyone thought "Nope! OJ wouldn't do anything like that. Poor guy, but it's just SOP for the police - they gotta check just to make sure."

Then came the evidence and details on the murder, including the glove. Then the announcement OJ was turning himself in for questioning the next day. Then the chase.

Comment

The day OJ ran

I remember it for being the last day of fourth grade,

[Splutters Diet Coke onto screen]

FOURTH GRADE?!

I was just starting my 1st legal internship. God DAMN do I feel old.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                    [Splutters Diet Coke onto screen]

FOURTH GRADE?!

I was just starting my 1st legal internship. God DAMN do I feel old.
                    Don't worry, Iggy...I got a 'two for one' deal on walkers this morning. I'm sending you one in the mail.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I was 15...does that count for anything?
                      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Were you doing anything at the time or just "there"?

Comment

I was 27, working for the Auto Shopper in Toms River as a production artist.

Anyone have an issue of Parade around? I want to order some Haband slacks and white shoes.

Comment

Were you doing anything at the time or just "there"?
                            I'm AC DAMMIT!

Nah, I was probably just fucking around doing nothing. I was 15.
                            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

If it makes you folks feel any better. The people who left fourth grade ten years ago are now approaching drinking age.

Damn, now I feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                I was 27, working for the Auto Shopper in Toms River as a production artist.

Anyone have an issue of Parade around? I want to order some Haband slacks and white shoes.
                                Don't get the black pants, they're on back order.

Comment

Working...
                                X