Revisiting Old Favorites: The Danger of Ruining Your Memories Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    I wouldn't say that it was a kid movie, made for kids. At least not the 1977 original. Granted Lucas swiftly went in that direction.
    Well, at 13 I still considered myself a kid. That movie was directly aimed at my target audience - and my friends and I were probably some of the oldest ones in the theater when we saw it. I'd absolutely argue that "Star Wars" is a kids' movie.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
      "Do you guys like Darth Vader? Well, here's the good news, you get to see him as a little kid!"

<3 Patton.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Star Wars was most certainly a kids movie.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You know what kids love? INCEST.

Comment

And robots. And a main character who is 16. And a big tall Muppet. and Lasers.

Comment

and spaceships that go ludicrous speed.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                'Logan's Run' is another one that I used to love. I love the concept, and parts of it still very cool, but:
                1. The pacing is way off. It could stand a mighty edit to speed things up.
                2. The models are poorly done. Seriously, the models that they use for the domed city are never, NEVER convincing in the slightest.
                3. Apparently future societies will live within a giant mall.

There's still much to enjoy, but it's still more of a cheesy guilty pleasure now.
                While I'm sure the rest of us will Renewâ„¢... I fear Matt will never know the fiery bliss of Carousel.

HERETIC!

Comment

Haha. Howard just doesn't want to admit it was creepy when he was 50 years old waiting in line for A New Hope.

Comment

hey now. I still like 'Logan's Run', but it's definitely ripe for improvement. A remake would probably kick all sorts of ass.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I could have sworn there were talks of J.J. Abrams remaking Logan's Run.

Comment

As originally conceived (and if it had been a standalone movie with zero follow-ups)? Got to disagree. Did Lucas, after discovering the kid appeal, dial up the kid factor? Mr. Moneybanks says "Hell, yes."
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There was, but I had heard Bryan Singer wanted to do it. This was years ago.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            As originally conceived (and if it had been a standalone movie with zero follow-ups)? Got to disagree. Did Lucas, after discovering the kid appeal, dial up the kid factor? Mr. Moneybanks says "Hell, yes."
                            Come on man. He was trying to re-capture the magic and awe of the serials he used to watch as a kid. You're grasping at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              There was, but I had heard Bryan Singer wanted to do it. This was years ago.

Ah, that's who it was.

Comment

Neil Marshall would make a good remake of 'Logan's Run', especially if he went back to the source book(s).

Comment

Working...
                                X