Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Texans 2009

Yep. They suck
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

They almost got the Titans though. If they had won that one game, then I would have been a happy camper.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They should change their name to the "Almosts"
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Give them slack. It takes a good 10-15 years to build a franchise.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Tell that to Carolina and Jacksonville. The Texans are terribly ran and have whit coaching. The players I'll cut some slack.

Comment

Luck of the draw. Yes, they need a different coach (and coaching staff). It has only been 7 years though. It does take time to build a good staff (McNair should be taken to task for that though).

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
              Luck of the draw. Yes, they need a different coach (and coaching staff). It has only been 7 years though. It does take time to build a good staff (McNair should be taken to task for that though).
              In the age of free agency it doesn't take 10 years like your saying. With the right staff this team could make the playoffs. That's all I'm asking, not for the superbowl. Kubiak coaches like kittens are playing not grown men.

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                In the age of free agency it doesn't take 10 years like your saying.
                Debatable.

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                the right staff this team could make the playoffs. That's all I'm asking, not for the superbowl. Kubiak coaches like kittens are playing not grown men.
                Agreed but I lay the blame on McNair. He needs to take better control of his staff (and start some firing).

Comment

Originally posted by Howard
                  Debatable.
                  1995: Led by coach Dom Capers the Carolina Panthers take the field with a roster full of solid veterans. In their first game the Panthers play valiant football before losing in overtime to the Falcons 23-20 in Atlanta.

: On September 1st the Panthers christen Ericsson Stadium their new place in Charlotte, with an impressive 29-6 win over the Atlanta Falcons. The Panthers would win their first three games, before four straight road losses sandwiching two home wins dropped them to 5-4. From there the defense would take over as the Panthers won their final seven games to finish with a 12-4 record, as the Panthers defense held teams to stingy 218 points on the season, 2nd best in the NFL. Thanks to a sweep of the San Francisco 49ers the Panthers won the NFC Western Division Title earning a 1st Round bye. After an undefeated regular season at home the Panthers hosted the defending Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys at Ericsson Stadium. The Panthers would jump out early and would go on to win 26-17, as Sam Mills' long interception return sealed the game. However, the Panthers magical season would end a week in the NFC Championship Game in Green Bay with a 30-13 loss to the Packers.

TWO YEARS =/= Ten. If Carolina can do it in two, I'd think the seven the Texans have had is enough.
                  Originally posted by Howard
                  Agreed but I lay the blame on McNair. He needs to take better control of his staff (and start some firing).
                  Blame whomever, but bottom line the Texans are not where they should be.

Comment

Free agency is a crutch at best. Plus you take a chance on an older player getting hurt and not being able to finish the contract. So like I said, luck of the draw. The Texans could pull the greatest free agents in the history of the NFL and still fail to get to the playoffs. I'd rather develop young talent (and then build a winning franchise with a chance of being contenders year after year).

I'm sure we can both agree that in order to develop young talent we need a competent staff.

Comment

Sure. Also get rid of Dunta Robinson. He sucks and demands to much $$$. I could make a highlight reel full of him chasing bigger faster wideouts and not getting the job done. Also Bob Mcnair should probably give the team to someone else. His staff's so far have been horrible. We have the best receiver in all of football and we can't get him the ball on a regular basis. Terrible.

Comment

Stop following a terrible team B. Houston football is dead to me.

Comment

Oilers drove a stake into your heart too Billy?

Comment

Who else am I gonna follow? Dallas? HELLLLL NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Guinan View Post
                              Oilers drove a stake into your heart too Billy?
                              They fucked up an all Texas championship game. I remember sitting at the bar at Leo's eating Mexican food and throwing a fit I wouldn't see the Cowboys destroy Moon.

Originally posted by John McClane View Post
                              Who else am I gonna follow? Dallas? HELLLLL NO.
                              And yes, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X