No announcement yet.

June 17, 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still love the fact that he got his in the end Capone style though. Couldn't get him on double murder? Get him for stealing his stuff back at a sports memorabilia show.
    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
      I still love the fact that he got his in the end Capone style though. Couldn't get him on double murder? Get him for stealing his stuff back at a sports memorabilia show.
      I know! That really was Capone style, wasn't it? Awesome stuff.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Whereas we watched the Challenger explosion live.
        We caught that totally by accident; my English teacher was showing a VHS tape of some adaptation of one of the books we were reading, and when she stopped the tape, the news break had just started.

As for the OJ verdict? I was in Law School at the time. We had more than a passing interest in it, not surprisingly. My school was rather politically charged, & nnoted for its strong affirmative action program. A group of black students had pretty much camped out by the TV they wheeled into the front lobby nonstop, and when the verdict was announcd, I just happened to be walking by (I had honestly lost almost all interest by that point), and actually cheered when the verdict came down. This was a polarizing event of huge magnitude at the school for the rest of the year.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Well, there was also the civil verdict. Which pretty much means jack shit.

There was also a novel some guy wrote as a "What If" story in which a fictional lawyer becomes responsible for OJ wanting to come clean. At the end of the novel, Fred Goldman guns OJ down in the middle of a conference room.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
            My school was rather politically charged, & nnoted for its strong affirmative action program. A group of black students had pretty much camped out by the TV they wheeled into the front lobby nonstop, and when the verdict was announcd, I just happened to be walking by (I had honestly lost almost all interest by that point), and actually cheered when the verdict came down.
            When I was still working at Speedo (when the murders happened), there were a couple of other admin assistants I worked with who were both black, and they had absolutely no doubt that he did it. They were convinced he was guilty from the second he was being questioned. And it was strange, because most of the reaction from the black community was like what you witnessed, Igg - a lot of black people I knew were convinced he didn't do it. But these two women, they were like, "Oh, hell YES, he killed them!"
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
              When I was still working at Speedo (when the murders happened), there were a couple of other admin assistants I worked with who were both black, and they had absolutely no doubt that he did it. They were convinced he was guilty from the second he was being questioned. And it was strange, because most of the reaction from the black community was like what you witnessed, Igg - a lot of black people I knew were convinced he didn't do it. But these two women, they were like, "Oh, hell YES, he killed them!"
              Pretty much what I saw at work - except for one or two hold outs (both white) we all thought OJ was guilty, be ye white, black, yellow, gay, straight, lesbian, Asian, Latino, etc. (I worked with a very eclectic mix - the job I have now is the first all-white gig for me, ever. More's the pity.) The general consensus was "If he was innocent, explain the Bronco chase."

I'm telling ya, though, when the verdict hit, and we saw the "yays!" and "boos!" split amongst racial lines, you could feel all the progress that was made take two giant steps back.

Comment

The videos from the riots are still fucking chilling.

Comment

Working...
                X