No announcement yet.

The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaand Wenger plainly lays out the exact reason he should get the hell out: he's completely satisfied being 2nd in the goddamned league. Way to have drive there, bub. The worst on the Wolves bench has more passion to play than anyone at Emirates. And I with they awful standard the Gooners have set in terms of squad health, there's little shock there.

He's all business and nothing else. No wonder Cesc wants out. Jesus.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Well, that was a gilt-edged chance to pile on the pressure...
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/2...broken-in.html

Comment

Bolton have suddenly rocketed in my estimation.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

That was nothing less than magnificent, even if they weren't really "at the races" as they say. Carrick, Giggs, and Rooney were outstanding.

Comment

Found it, Bobby!

That was quite a demonstration from ManU´s "B"-Team yesterday. Even Neuer couldn´t keep it balanced. Such a pity for you though that he is hellbent to continue his career in the Bundesliga - meaning Munich. He would´ve been the perfect van der Saar replacement.

But ain´t Barca - ManU pretty much the dream final this year? No?

Comment

AWESOME! This rocks having you here, man.

I know, mate. Couldn't believe how poor they were in both legs. Even Gibson was playing well against them! (No harm to the guy, but he's usually shocking.)

I suppose from a neutral's standing, Barca/United is the preferred final. On the one hand, I'd like another crack at them after 2 years ago where we really let ourselves down big-time. Then again, I'd have loved to have seen Madrid get through just for Fergie to tango with Jose again. Either way, it's all happening!

Comment

Yeah, Schalke has been playing an absyminal season actually. They had a lot of infight things going on between their (by now) former coach/sporting director Maggath and the club which was admittedly hillarious to watch. How they managed to beat Inter is beyond me. But that wa one of those once in a lifetime games. And they had Neuer. Which is indeed the greatest goalie on the planet.
                  But I disgress.
                  Did you actually play a final against Barca beforhand? My memory is drawing blanks here. But from a neutral standing, this is indeed the final with the two most impressive teams this CL-season.
                  Have to admit that I am torn on Mourinio though. While he was despicable again in the semi finals he does exactly know what he is doing there in my mind. I firmly believe that much of his arrogance is perfectly calculated to benefit the team in the long run.

However there is still hope that I can attend the final 2012 in Munich - with Munich participating that is! (As long as they manage to qualify - which should be a given unless they get drawn against ManCity or the likes).

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    Did you actually play a final against Barca beforhand? My memory is drawing blanks here.
                    I feel like Darryl Strawberry at that softball game on The Simpsons.

Daaaaarryyllllllll... Daaaaaaaaarrryylllllll...

Mourinho's too arrogant for my taste. I appreciate his skill and intelligence, but he's not someone I'd want to see take over at Old Trafford (unless he radically toned it down and started taking a classier approach to his touchline antics, that is.)

Comment

Awwwww. Yeeeeeaaah.

Comment

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylf2YS1Qk84?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylf2YS1Qk84?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

Congrats, Bobby!

Comment

Thanks, man! The champagne's still on ice, but that was a huge result. If we'd taken half of our chances when they were on the ropes, it would've been a huge scoreline as well.

Comment

Consider that champagne officially de-iced!

What a weekend: United win the Premiership and Rangers win the SPL the day after! Absolutely fantastic. Neither side have been their best for the duration (or even close at times), but they've both been the best in their respective leagues and now they have the trophies to prove it.

There's also the little matter of us smashing Liverpool's title record...

Comment

The entire Premier League was lacking this season.

I blame Arsene Wenger.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X