No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's classic Wrestler vs Striker, and Rua is for some weird reason not great at wrestling/BJJ. Sonnen played his cards as he should. Quite simple, really.

He still is a cancer-worthy human being though.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Shogun's a black belt in BJJ bro. Sonnen was just the better fighter tonight. And I <3 the shit out of him schtick and all.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Really? Rua's gone then. Dead. And Sonnen's act is entertaining for the casual fan, and it's dynamic for the business, but holy fuck am I sure it's not that much of an act.

The Overreem vs Jim Bob was a fuckton fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

Yeah. I am going to give it a couple more episodes, but a lot of tv critics are saying it's shit on a stick despite the work the cast puts in.
          It wants to be good. Not sure the writing is there. With BB as a lead in....you don't a get much better setup.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sans streaming, broke out my X-Files box set and am going through the first season.

Even in the darkest moments, there is a strange undercurrent of optimism in the efforts of the show to evaluate the ethical values of truth above safety with selfless acts being given an almost cosmic weight as the subject of extraterrestrial invasion comes to light.

What we commonly refer to as "filler" nowadays here still serves the purpose of exploring personal trials and the establishing of motivations for Fox and Dana. The mythos episodes take what happens in the one-offs and builds on them. It's so good that the dated elements become a strength (contact between the two leads or lack thereof providing a great deal of suspense that has largely felt contrived in modern shows where everyone is a cell tower away).

Granted, one could play a drinking game in regards to the ease with which Scully gets knocked out and Mulder gives chase to Suspect of the Week, but largely these trappings are there for a reason (keeping Dana from being an eyewitness to the extraordinary) until around the mid-season mark. It's a fantastic slow build toward constructing a complex and endearing character that is just not done these days.

Having not watched the show in for-eh-vurr, this has been an entertaining timecapsule to unearth.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Really? Rua's gone then. Dead. And Sonnen's act is entertaining for the casual fan, and it's dynamic for the business, but holy fuck am I sure it's not that much of an act.

The Overreem vs Jim Bob was a fuckton fun to watch.
              Trust me, catch a few interviews where he's not "on" and you'll see it's all for show and for dem dolla dolla bills y'all. And yeah, Travis Browne put it on Overreems ass. I loved it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Cutthroat Kitchen. Alton Brown's new cooking show is like Chopped but is way more entertaining in my opinion. 3 chefs need to make 3 dishes. They get one minute to grab their ingredients and then Alton opens up the auctioning part. During each round Alton auctions off things to the contestants that they can use to fuck the others over with. Last night we watched a an episode that was French Toast and one of the auctions was "Burnt toast and bread crumbs". A dude bid on that and then one of the contestants had to try to make the dish with burnt toast.

I'm a sucker for food shows and games that reward you for being an asshole, so this is perfect.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I wanted to check this out. NICE!

Comment

• Rather watch Cutthroat Island maaaaaaan.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      Rather watch Cutthroat Island maaaaaaan.
                      Coconut Pete?

Comment

• Piñacoladaburg or death.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally thought Russ was talking about that redneck Survivor ripoff with the Texas Rattlesnake and wondered when he hit his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Piñacoladaburg or death.
                            YES! YES, GODDAMNIT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Originally thought Russ was talking about that redneck Survivor ripoff with the Texas Rattlesnake and wondered when he hit his head.
                              Reality TV is the worst thing in the history of popular culture.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE REAL WORLD SEASONS 1-3. Road Rules Season 1-2.

I'll give all reality tv show a pass for those 5 seasons
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X