Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No WW TV series this year. Poopie!

Maybe if The Cape turns out to be a hit, they might reconsider?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Some shit like that I suppose.

Can "killing" off a character even garner attention anymore? It's inevitable they bring the character back after a while.

Someone wheel in Senior Comics analyst and Kentucky gentleman Anderson to discuss this.

Attention is so weird when it comes to comics. Right now, it takes the Top 5 books to equals the sales of the Top book roughly 10 years ago.

In 2001, the industry was in decline. Now, it's just circling the drain. Sooner than later, the name of the game will become licensing. We'll continue to keep reading comics and other junk, but it's merely a formality so that Marvel/Disney keeps the licensing brands fresh.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        No WW TV series this year. Poopie!

Maybe if The Cape turns out to be a hit, they might reconsider?
        The pilot pitch was utter shit. Let's put it this way, David E. Kelley can only work in a limited space. When he tried to put WW in that space, the results were laughable.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Some shit like that I suppose.

Can "killing" off a character even garner attention anymore? It's inevitable they bring the character back after a while.

Someone wheel in Senior Comics analyst and Kentucky gentleman Anderson to discuss this.

To answer the second part, comics are periodical narratives. Since most other periodical narratives have died out...comic books remain this oddity for younger people.

If a character is popular enough, they can't stay dead in a monthly format. You'll always need them back. I'm just glad that Gwen Stacy has remained dead. Though, my Marvel spies say that is being discussed to change around the Reboot's released.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
            Attention is so weird when it comes to comics. Right now, it takes the Top 5 books to equals the sales of the Top book roughly 10 years ago.

In 2001, the industry was in decline. Now, it's just circling the drain. Sooner than later, the name of the game will become licensing. We'll continue to keep reading comics and other junk, but it's merely a formality so that Marvel/Disney keeps the licensing brands fresh.
            I was thinking about this the past couple of weeks, while looking at some of the comic websites (Bleeding Cool, CBR, The Beat, Newsarama, etc.) and I gotta tell ya, it's pretty obvious that the industry's dying. No new blood coming into the stores, and what with prices the way they are, and the quality of comics from the Big Two, I'm surprised nobody's started a death pool yet.

Licensing, however, is the way of the future. Also, digital comics, but they've gotta knock those prices down.

Sorry to hear the pilot pitch for WW was less than stellar.

ETA: They're bringing back Gwen? Allegedly? Sadly, it doesn't surprise me - the love for that character always escaped me; much blander than MJ.
            Last edited by Timothy225; 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that it's not really feasible to have a live action superohero tv series. The effects necessary to make powers look good just isn't doable on a tv budget.

Excepy maybe POWERS and that's because the powers in POWERS are not the focus of the book.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that it's not really feasible to have a live action superohero tv series. The effects necessary to make powers look good just isn't doable on a tv budget.

Excepy maybe POWERS and that's because the powers in POWERS are not the focus of the book.

Powers is still in development at FX. It's about one show bombing away from being reality.

Comment

Bombing away?

Oh okay, I see. If an existing show gets kneecapped. This will show up.

Comment

I want to punch myself in the dick for saying this, but I'd watch the fuck outta this silly ass idea for a show..
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hell yeah! Agreed, it's a weird idea, but c'mon, it's a fun take on Batman.

Comment

Funny, the whole thing seems similar to Clone High.

Comment

Read this, you might enjoy it.

http://www.godhatesastronauts.com/
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Issue 1 was great, loved the Rhino doctor and the ghost cow.

Comment

Carl Winslow CAMEO!

Comment

It's still a relatively young webcomic, but it is on to something.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X