Brain Dead Radio Episode 62: The Second Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Dead Radio Episode 62: The Second Coming

Ceej takes a break this week while Rob and Ari get together for an epic episode of epicness. Ari classes up BDR in the beginning but near the end his true colors come out. Find out who Ari’s favorite director is, what his favorite movie is, and possibly what his favorite sexual position is. Ari paints an audio picture of just how geeky he is, Rob is in awe of how crazy Ari is for dolls, and then Ari gets Rob in trouble by showing him how awesome Sideshow Collectibles are and the beauty of the flex-pay system.

Ari and Rob talk about how zen-like putting together a LEGO™ set is, they dive into what franchise is better: Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street, they possibly offend big titted FBI agents, and then they discuss how much better the F13 franchise would have been if the MPAA never existed. They bond over The Frighteners, discuss franchises that end up in space, and then chat about the good old days of hunting down movies based on the cover art alone. A line about a killer penis prompts Ari to talk about what could very well be the best movie that no one has ever seen: SHAME OF THE JUNGLE (trailer is below), they chat about Stephen Dorff and his stupid model rockets, and then they discuss just how awesome board games are, Rob shills for Beer and Board Games and Cards Against Humanity, and then they wrap up the show with a discussion on the upcoming Avengers movie and Rob still doesn’t get why Hawkeye has fans.

Fuck yeah!
    75.00%
    Fuck..
    0.00%
    Yeah, Fuck You!
    25.00%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

HAHA, love the artwork!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Thanks! I'm partial to the kid behind Ceej that has this look of "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" on his face.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Can't stand Clint Eastwood? GTFO. I can see not liking some of his shit but not liking him at all?

It's not half a hocken worth of fail but still.......
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

We've been over this. Not a fan of Eastwood. Nothing personal. Just not for me.

Comment

I must have blocked that failapalooza from my memory because WTF Hughes? Don't get me wrong I don't love all of his shit, but I don't love anyone's complete body of work. To each their own though, no matter how redonk.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I liked Unforgiven. That's about it. He's just not an actor I go to when I want to watch something. I couldn't take him seriously in Gran Torino. I just kept hearing Batman.

Comment

Also: DOLLS!!! lulz And an action figure DATABASE ARI??!?? *facepalm*

Comment

thought you'd like the dolls shoutout. hahaha.

Comment

Great ep so far. "Do you dust them?" YESSSSSSsssss Also not being able to say catalog after the first boot YESSSS.

Comment

That picture alone earns you rep, Rob. Loved this episode, even though I don't agree with ya on Eastwood.

Comment

Thanks. He's just one of those actors that I didn't grow up on and who is in alot of movies in a genre that I'm just a huge fan of. However, I did remember one more flick I liked him in: In the Line of Fire. That was pretty decent.

Comment

Loving the horror flicks discussion. Also Rob was molested by a pony as a young lad so his hate of westerns is justified.

Comment

It's true. I said stop but Clip Clop wouldn't....

Comment

COMING THIS SUMMER TO LIFETIME

Clip Clop Creampie. A story of innocence lost

Also loving the old video store talk, my mom and aunts worked in a video store when I was a kid and I use to rent the shit out of horror flicks, action flicks, b movies with tits, and nintendo games. Only place in town you could rent games back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X