The Walking Dead TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
    There is a lesson here folks - Jeff is a stoner and forgets that we don't have cable or a DVR and thus are always a day behind
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
      Agreed. Every zombie running is scary, but not the right KIND of scary for zombie movies. Zombie movies are about creeping relentless dread and hopelessness. They're slow, but they also never stop. They never sleep, never ache, never space out. They go from 0 to "MUST EAT" in 1 second and they outnumber you. That's why zombies are scary.

Maybe a fresh zombie with non-injured legs can run, or maybe one has the dexterity left to pick up a rock or climb a short fence. Every zombie being a Crimson Head is the wrong kind of scary, but just one in the pack who can't be foiled by a slow jog or a fence hop, one where you have to haul ass and get to the bunker? That adds a perfect amount of tension and unpredictability to zombies.

TL: DR - Zombie purists 'sperg too damn hard about silly shit and 'The Walking Dead' does zombies awesomely.
      Must be the Selenium, yo.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rooker is this show's Spoonie.

*ignores the racial epithets and enjoys the Rooker quotient of "Guts"*
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just dropped in to say this show is fucking awesome. Also the "sacred" Romero zombie is bullshit to me. I like Darabont's answer and yeah if you're freshly turned your motor skills SHOULD be better than a 2 year old rotted corpse. Just common sense. Although Rerb has probably given Uwe Bol his next movie idea.

Coming to a DVD box near you..............."PARKOUR ZOMBIES....FROM HELLLLLLL!" Starring Ben Kingsley *WTF*
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• DVR'ed last night's episode, will watch it later in the week. While I'll always have a soft spot for Romero's zombies, I'm loving this show's zombies on a totally different level. Rewatched the second episode yesterday, and can't wait to see how Rooker's going to get away... if he does.

Comment

• Well if he does we'll have to hand it to him. He is in a shitty situation. Anyone trying to win the "walk on" role?
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rooker
                  Spoiler: JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON 
                shall return in "NOT WITHOUT PALMELA"

DeMunn's version of Dale is great.

I love this show, even though many of the main beats are identical to da books. And the campground zombie's makeup was awesome.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  Rooker
                    Spoiler: JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON 
                  shall return in "NOT WITHOUT PALMELA"

DeMunn's version of Dale is great.

I love this show, even though many of the main beats are identical to da books. And the campground zombie's makeup was awesome.
                  Spoiler FTW with mega funny.

Comment

• So good. Loved the stuff with Lori (that's the wife right?) kind of going right at Rick, and ignoring Shane. I was lost at what was going through her head, and how easily she grabbed her husband after getting it on with Shane for however long. I almost felt bad for Shane...until we found out he lied and told her the hubby was dead.

Comment

• The reunion with his son was great. Kid was all weepy then BAM dad's here!!! This show get's the small stuff right along with the big picture, so far at least.

Comment

• I love all the complaints I've seen online about last night being a soap opera, and "boring" without the big zombie scene. BOOOO HUMAN DRAMA.

Comment

• Those people are bottom feeders who just don't get it.

Comment

• Missing the point is their specialty.

That and procreating like wabbits, George.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Still digging the hell outta this show. Really bumming that we have 3 more episodes until next October...

The camp zombie was fucking great and I can't wait to see Rooker show up with a gatling gun attached to his hand.

A MAN CAN DREAM.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X