No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After getting distracted with other games and that awful "real life" garbage, finally made it out of Mexico and into West Elizabeth tonight.

Guess it was a big FUCK YOU to John Marston and the plot when rather than rushing to talk to the goverment agent holding my family hostage, I decided instead to go buy the new sniper rifle and hunt bear and buffalo all night. And pick some nice new flowers. And then take some shots and gamble into the wee small hours of the morning.

Urgency is not his middle name.
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• made it into Mexico as well. That boat ride down the river was a really, really fun mission.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        Ya I still need that 'clear all the hideouts in free roam' achievement (and the posse one, cough cough) so lets get some mother truckin BDR action goin on

We should try and schedule a time for us to be on if possible. Between this, Modnation Racers and Alan Wake, my gaming time is ridiculous.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I agree with Rob, scheduling this would be great. Preferrably with at least one night's notice for those of us in the bastard Mountain time zone. And with the Memorial Day weekend upon us it seems like it would be a good time.

Comment

• Say when

Comment

• I'm you're huckleberry. Name the time.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finally ran into my first glitch. I was doing the last part of the American Appetites stranger quest. I tried to hogtie the fellow on an incline or something and the game flipped out and the gentleman started wandering around again. No matter what I did, I couldn't lasso him again. I could punch or shoot him but no lasso. Kinda weird.

Comment

• Not so much a glitch as a lesson of living in the old west:

"never happen upon thy quarry at a steep incline lest ye be fucked royally."
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sometimes, I can take a bad spill and survive. But, my character's position moves and the skies turn red.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What a great game. What you expect to be the logical conclusion ends up leading into another 4 or so hours of story. And the ending is really great, but I could see it angering some people.

Spoiler: spoilz 
                      John Marston is killed when Ross brings the army to his farm. I recommend you do the stranger quests for the "I Know You" person. He takes you to that farm as soon as you get to the last section of land, and it's a really nice touch. But yes, Marston is killed by a firing squad, but you do get one last Dead Eye attempt to take out as many as you can. Then you take control of Jack, his son. Ride into Blackwater to get a lead to find Ross. Extremely fulfilling, but I am kind of sad not to get to control John while I work on the other side quests, bounties, and challenges. He's a really fun character, and I spent 30 hours with him. Just the bit I listened to Jack riding the horse felt weird.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I'll ever finish this game.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I have two friends that NEVER do the story on GTA games, which blows my mind. They don't even open up the majority of the world, or see some of the great stuff. I convinced one friend to replay San Andreas, because when we were talking about it he had just no idea what I was talking about. But yea, I highly recommend finishing the story. It's so well told. Definitely Rockstar's best game, and writing. It feels like they are really maturing, and leaving behind of the truly silly and offensive tropes of their previous games.

Now to work on 100% and get my federal suit and be immune to the law!

Comment

• finally finished Mexico today. Simply adore this game, and I'm taking my time with it to savor everything about it.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Irish, you and West Dickens are so crooked if you ate nails you'd shit corkscrews." Awesome.

Also awesome- the name of the oil-drilling settlement is Plainview. This might be the best Rockstar game ever.

Comment

• Make sure you spend time with the challenges. I wish I had done more of them before completing the story. It's how you unlock the Buffalo Rifle. Also, wow, still finding side missions I never even found during the story and I'm 29 hours in.

Comment

Working...
                                X