No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only problem so far for me is once Billy left, we had already fucking down all the Gang Hideouts twice on all of the map.

Fucking Russ was kicking our asses in the vs. games.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Ok, seriously guys. That mission with the horse herding....

I roll up slow like (no pressing A) and they take off, so I try to steer them (right to left, left to right, etc) but as soon as one hits a rock/cactus they all break up and run different directions. What the fuck am I doing wrong? Seriously, I'd kill for someone to take video on how to properly do this. I'm going to try again tonight, but I don't have high hopes.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• With all of my bitching about the game so far I had a pretty great "moment" yesteday. I was rolling up to Bonnie's house (for this FUCKED HERDING MISSION) when I see lightning in the distance. I take my time rolling to her pad and as I do I get to watch this epic storm come in. And it lasted the rest of the night. The game world is amazing but so far I'm not completely sucked in like the rest of you. I do blame my general "mehness" towards the Western genre but I will continue to get though the beginning if only to see the better missions later on.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You just need to get in on the versus games, sir. They're much like Uncharted 2's.

Comment

• Except the handing of the characters is ASS compared to UC2. My biggest gripe so far.

Comment

• True. And wow does cover suck ass. I'm not even bothering with it anymore. Fucking run and gun.

Comment

• Rob, are you using the cattle call? Up on the D-Pad will yeeeehaw the cows. Sometimes they will scatter, but if you just wait a bit they will come back together more or less. I just stayed behind them pressing up on the D-Pad the whole time. I only actually needed to steer (snicker) them a couple times.

I think the cover works pretty well. The close quarters combat is the pain. Auto-pistol whip sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  The close quarters combat is the pain. Auto-pistol whip sucks.
                  Yes. Fuck that shit. We were all fucking elbowing each other last night. Pain.

Comment

• I crushed the back of Josh's skull fucking good with my Winchester. TAKE THAT TIGERACE!

Also, shooting the horse while riding shotgun is my high mark in life. I was in tears when Josh lost his shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Ok, seriously guys. That mission with the horse herding....

I roll up slow like (no pressing A) and they take off, so I try to steer them (right to left, left to right, etc) but as soon as one hits a rock/cactus they all break up and run different directions. What the fuck am I doing wrong? Seriously, I'd kill for someone to take video on how to properly do this. I'm going to try again tonight, but I don't have high hopes.
                      All ya gotta do is have patience there, lawdog.

And make sure you just don't lose any of the horses to their penchant for scattering every five seconds. Just keep trying to round 'em up into a group and move 'em toward the canyon.

It just takes time, and eventually the NPC ranch hands will pick up some of the slack.

And make sure you are comfortable with the lasso mechanic, because you gotta haul ass through the canyon to catch the stallion afterward (fastest horse you're gonna get for a while).

/agree with the CQC SNAFUs
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rob and patience do not go together.

Comment

• Which is why he hates this game.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• TROOF.

Comment

• Well that and I honestly dont' care for the Western setting yet. The whole time playing I kept wishing this was set in Future Seattle and it was called SHADOWRUN instead.

Comment

• Maybe switching to the green when playing this might help.

I refuse to believe I am the only one optically masturbating to the vistas in this game.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X