Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Anyone saw Cloud Atlas yet? I just can't find the time to go dammit!!!!

It improves with multiple viewings, but its problems also stick out like a sore thumb.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I reckon Goldeneye is one of the very best Bond films. Its biggest shortcoming is the miniature at the end. That's not bad going for a Bond film.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• GOLDENEYE

Solid action film with some great action sequences and memorable characters The pre-credit sequence is fantastic, the tank sequence is great, and the finale is solid...a bit too Wile E. Coyote but still solid. Famke Janssen steals the film as Xenia...her orgasmic squeeling is awesome. She has the best line in the film: 'He's going to derail us!', complete with pre-orgasmic breathing. Funny stuff.

The score sucks. No getting around that.

My main issue with the film: Brosnan. This re-watch officially confirms my stance that he was the worst Bond of the franchise. He's completely unconvincing as an action star and is unable to pull off the quips with any sort of panache. He's trying to balance Connery and Moore while starring in a Dalton film. It does not work.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          GOLDENEYE

The score sucks. No getting around that.
          Sera had the "Cold War thowback" tone down. What the hell did you want? Horns and shit?
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't want an eeeeep opppp ork motif over the car chase, that's for sure. That was pure noise. My wife was like, 'what the fuck is this music shit going on?' while that scene played.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah. The mountainside rundown was hilarious.

Everywhere else it worked just fine for me.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I didn't want an eeeeep opppp ork motif over the car chase, that's for sure. That was pure noise. My wife was like, 'what the fuck is this music shit going on?' while that scene played.

Eric Serra is very French, it's to be expected.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• How do you feel about my statements on Brosnan, though? Just curious. I'd honestly take Lazenby over him in the Bond role.

And I LIKE Pierce Brosnan. He's been great in other movies. I just don't think that Bond suited him.

Comment

How do you feel about my statements on Brosnan, though? Just curious. I'd honestly take Lazenby over him in the Bond role.

And I LIKE Pierce Brosnan. He's been great in other movies. I just don't think that Bond suited him.

Lazenby was an average actor in an otherwise well constructed film. He didn't have to do much other than just show up.

Brosnan was more of an "Our Man Flint" than Bond. He had personality, but that was it.

Comment

• I liked Brosnan the best next to Connery. Dude was smooth as fuck.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• edit: doublepost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          Lazenby was an average actor in an otherwise well constructed film. He didn't have to do much other than just show up.

Brosnan was more of an "Our Man Flint" than Bond. He had personality, but that was it.
                          The thing about Lazenby: he had physical presence. Indeed, I'd argue that he had the best physical presence of any Bond actor: he looked like he could absolutely take you in a fight. Hunt used that presence perfectly in the film, and actually did a stellar job of using Lazenby's strengths to the betterment of the film.

Brosnan? Again, he's not terrible, but he lacks any real presence. He's slight of build and unimposing. He has charm, but he doesn't have Moore levels of charm. As such...like Dalton...the quips fall flat.

Comment

• I could buy the ladies wanting to bang Brosnan. dude is a handsome motherfucker. I couldn't do that with Dalton, Moore, or Lazenby.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Foster Facial Hair View Post
                              I could buy the ladies wanting to bang Brosnan. dude is a handsome motherfucker. I couldn't do that with Dalton, Moore, or Lazenby.
                              Dalton is maybe questionable, but you're way off on Moore and Lazenby. Both of them have major play.

Comment

• Matt wants to bang Moore and Lazenby. hahaha.

But for reals, I'm just a huge fan of Brosnan. Much more so than any of the other Bonds save for Connery.

Comment

Working...
                                X