D&D 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D 4.0

So Cj and I were discussing starting a group up for some pen and paper D&D when 4.0 hits. It sounds like he will more than likely be the DM (which means he needs to stop slacking and come up with some cool shit!) and the girl and I will be playing. I'm just throwing this out there, but would any one else be up for some? Post here if so inclined. Also, apparenlty the 4.0 rules are super streamlined and more accessable for those who have never played this before. Should be a good time.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: D&D 4.0

Also, Cj has been playing the older version for a bit now and understands the mechanics. So it's not like we'd be going in blind. And you don't have to speak in character or wear a cloak. Unless you want to. Bascially we're talking about having some fun during the weekend, drinking some beers, and killing some kobolds. And if you've played WoW or LOTRo then from what I've heard, they have made the 4.0 version more like these games. So yah.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Hell, I'm in.

Comment

Yeah D&D I hope i dont fuck up as DM to much....
        You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

I'm down if I can make it to play, been busy lately. Havn't played since 4th grade! Would be fun to check out.

Comment

Sweet! Yah, as he plays with another group already, I think we were kinda thinking maybe playing twice a month or something. More than likely it'd be at our place as you can smoke there if you want and we gots a big ass dining room table. I'm not sure yet though. Although 4.0 doesn't come out till June and I'm itching to start playing.

Comment

is this online? if so then i want to roll a d20 to see if i can particiapte.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I've read about an online component with 4.0 but as far as I know it's straight pen and paper.

Comment

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php
                  http://www.d20srd.org/

some good sites for info....although you still need players handbook 1 if we do 3.5 or 4
                  You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5013974/dd-4th-edi...from-fiery-pit

WOO! They are out! ayaya!

And this:
                    http://kotaku.com/377597/dd-readies-...ne-roleplaying

They're readying Dungeons and Dragons Insider - a suite of online software tools for the game - for release along with the new rule set, and it could change the way people play Dungeons and Dragons...for a price. Along with a character creator that allows you to keep track of your character's looks and stats and a dungeon builder that allows Dungeon Masters to craft 2D dungeon maps, the star of the suite is the Game Table, which lets the DM import their 2D creations into a 3D environment and run players through it online, complete with voice chat. What is all of this going to cost? While it isn't set in stone, Wizards is toying with a price range of $10-15 - a month.
                    Could mean we could play with people anywhere...hmmms.....????

Comment

I'd probably try it. Never got to play D&D properly back in the day. Not enough people.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

No luck finding the books today. =( Going to try again this weekend.

Comment

Well, I'll pony up a monthly fee to play with you fellas, as I've never touched the game before.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I picked up the first two books this weekend: DM and Player guide. Slowly going through it. You can totally play with people online. uhohs

Comment

Goodbye, life! I didn't have much of you left, but if I start this shit, I really will be on empty.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                              X