Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead

http://kotaku.com/5018297/gabe-newel...recting-action

In Left 4 Dead gamers live out a horror movie, but to do that the game has to be able to react to the situation, Newell said. The developers managed to do that by having the game procedurally generate character performance, pacing, lighting and music.

This means that depending on how you play and how those with you play the game plays out differently every time. For instance, Newell showed us a situation where the four survivors of the game barely make it to a gas station near a safe room. The characters, all near death, are confronted by a small number of zombies which slowly appear out of pockets of shadow.

When shown a second time, with the players in much better shape, with more ammo, the zombies stream out of the four corners of the screen coming at the players from all sides until one of the group blows up the nearby gas station, sending it's roof first floating up on a ball of flame and then crashing down among the walking dead.
    Awesome. We talk about this game a bit in the latest podcast. Can't wait. I <3 Valve and Zombies, so this should be right up my alley.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Sounds epic!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Sounds like it will be fun. I need to get away from COD4
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5026107/left-4-dea...+-scarily-good

Fuck. This looks goddamn epic as hell. jesus.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

from what i've read on kotaku, this sounds like it'll be the ultimate party game. super excited about this one.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

When does it come out? I'm buying this for sure.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

This game sounds sooooo sweet.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

So much ass this game is going to kick
                  I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                  Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                  Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                  She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Is this going to be the new online game everyone is going to play, like COD?
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yep. 4 vs 4. Gonna be fucking dope.

Comment

So many games, so little time.... Is anyone picking up Gears of War2 as well as this game
                        I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious

Comment

Yep. Have that one pre-ordered as well.

Comment

Fantastic i haven't killed you in a game in a long time... I mean i have not played a game with you in a long time

Comment

Sounds like the game to get then.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X