STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could see that, maybe.

I don't like all of these "Shadows of the Empire" like ideas though. The universe is not this fucking small. CHANGE IT UP and give me a goddamn KOTOR movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Pass. More prequels need, we do not.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The thing that's great about those Han Solo novels:

- They get the character of Han Solo absolutely correct. He's in full-on smuggler mode, like in STAR WARS.
        - They don't take place in the Empire, they take place in the Corporate Sector and the Tion Hegemony. You've got entirely new situations completely divorced from the standard US VS THE EMPIRE crap.
        - The supporting characters are all great. I can see a lot of really cool actors vying for the part of Gallandro.
        - They're fun, fast paced, and have great feelings of adventure.

Just do 'em.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That I agree with, but I'd rather have new characters, new movies, etc. that aren't necessarily tied to anything that exists already.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• NO MORE ORIGINAL TRILOGY UNIVERSE NONSENSE NEW SHIT THX

Comment

• Probably just me, but I have no interest in spin-off Star Wars character flicks. The post-ROTJ trilogy, yeah, I'm there. A 1313 flick? Color me intrigued.

I'm just saying there's SO much stuff (books, Wookiepedia entries, etc.) that pretty much fill in all the gaps as to what these characters were doing in between flicks. Why waste time and money going over that stuff when there's an opportunity to go in entirely new directions with the franchise? I mean, if they HAVE to do a Yoda or Han Solo solo (sorry) story, save it for the supposed Star Wars live action TV show, or do an animated series akin to Clone Wars.

Fuck this going back in time shit - long past time we start going forward for awhile. New characters, new ships, new menaces, etc. The 1313 theme sounds terrific - totally different stuff yet takes place in the same universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                NO MORE ORIGINAL TRILOGY UNIVERSE NONSENSE NEW SHIT THX
                *Gingerbrofist*
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• "Rumor mill" says John Noble is the baddie.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• *yawn*

Seriously, really unimaginative moves so far from Disney.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I remember hearing something about Matthew Vaughn's idea of getting Chloe Moretz as the lead for his take on a new trilogy - good idea! Center the next trilogy around a female lead, and Moretz looks like she could be related to Mark Hamil's Luke Skywalker (make her his granddaughter, a Jedi padawan), have her team-up with one of the Solo kids or their offspring. Shit, Lando must have a kid or two by now, right? Throw in a Wookie or another alien, maybe a droid (a new character - I can live without R2D2 and C3P0 unless it's a cameo or something), and there's your group of heroes.

Then have 'em fight some space pirates or mercs from what's left of the Empire, or the rise of a new Sith Lord (Lady? C'mon - need more women in these films kicking ass and taking names!) or Sith army.

Comment

• Actually, C-3PO and R2D2 are the only characters I wouldn't mind having back along for the ride. I like that they're as close as there is to a constant throughout the series.

Comment

• I just want there to be another iconic spaceship like the Millennium Falcon. Something that you look at and go FUCK YEAH, THAT'S BADASS and has some real character to it.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• B-Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              B-Wing
                              That's for pussies.

Comment

• V-wing
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X