Scott Pilgrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Pilgrim

Everyone here needs to go out and get this series of books. Now.

That is all.

http://scottpilgrim.com/
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Scott Pilgrim

Goddammit. People out there need to go find these graphic novels, read em quick like and talk about them!

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Cmon' people. Read these books!!!!!

Comment

"chirp, chirp" - Crickets
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Seriously. Once the movie hits in awhile this thread will be all like "yeah. Scott is awesome...blah blah blah"

Fuckers need to get on this bandwagon before everyone else does. It's such a good story!

Comment

No, y'all need to read them.

I'm not really into graphic novels/comic books and the like, but I really like these books.
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I've got the first three. I absolutely adore it. It is so good. I have to pick up the fourth volume and am excited to see how Micheal Cera does with it.
              "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Finally got the 5th book this weekend. Not the best. Although, *SPOILERS!*I really hope Ramona and Scott don't work out. Ramona reminds me of too many ex's of mine and they were not worth it in the end. Plus I just really hate the character. Give me some more Kim. *end spoilers*

Comment

I imagine you must've gotten a boner when Scott discovered Kim Pine and Knives drunk making out in vol 4.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Haha. I hope they bring that back up at some point actually. But this last book just wasn't that good in my opinion.

Comment

It's more complex, it's a different direction. But we did get to see Wallace's boyfriend Mobile.

Comment

More complex? Really? What the hell did you read?

Comment

I mean in terms of dealing with relationships and when things just fall apart and the whole rebound deal. It's building on itself.

Wheras the other books were dealing with Scott trying to get the girl and dealing with his ex. You think things will become peaches and cream but nope it just falls apart. No real reason for it, but it just falls apart.

Comment

I guess, but if that's true then *spoilers* He better not end up with Ramona. End it with Scott realizing that the feelings were manufactured thanks to the rebound and that they just don't fit together. *end spoilers*

Comment

We'll see. Unless Scott goes through an experimental phase and falls into Wallace's oh-so tender hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X