No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I was a kid? Total nerd for the 70's Spider-Man show. That and Bixby's Incredible Hulk. I remember CBS cancelled Spider-Man to make way for The Dukes of Hazard. So, y'know, fuck them Dukes.

Anyway, the trailer looked pretty good, but it's still not lighting a fire under my ass to see it. Avengers? Opening night. John Carter? Same. Hobbit? Yep. This film? Looking more and more like a "wait 'til it hits cable" flick.

Comment

• Nicholas Hammond ...wow, the memories.

I'm hoping that this is another STAR TREK situation...the trailers did nothing for me and I had zero intention of seeing it, but WOM was stellar and I gave it a shot. LOVED it. If WOM is awesome for THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN, then I'll give it a shot as well.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Speaking of JOHN CARTER: seriously, whoever is in charge of marketing this film needs to be fired NOW. The trailers are weak and are not selling the film correctly. The Superbowl ad was incredibly weak and was easily the worst movie ad of the game. This has got flop written all over it and that just kills me.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I know nothing of John Carter as a property but apparently it's centered around the main characters love of nu-metal and loin cloths. amirite?
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            I know nothing of John Carter as a property but apparently it's centered around the main characters love of nu-metal and loin cloths. amirite?
            EXACTLY. This very comment should be forwarded to Disney's marketing dept to set them straight before it's too late.

Comment

• John Carter looks like shit. I'm not familiar with the source material, and Disney has totally failed in making me excited for a movie that should be right up my alley.

Comment

• Well gentlemen, bravo for no one slamming E-Stone. Just hope this doesn't Dunst her.

Comment

• John Carter should be this epic high adventure tale, and visually, what I've seen so far, it looks pretty faithful to the books. The trailers, however, aren't doing the job they need to. Shit, they could do a dramatic voiceover saying "Before Star Wars... before Star Trek... before Flash Gordon... there was... JOHN CARTER: WARLORD OF MARS (cue scenes of unrelenting action, armies fighting, Dejah Thoris gutting someone, Tars Tarkis in combat, 'splosions, etc.)."

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    John Carter should be this epic high adventure tale, and visually, what I've seen so far, it looks pretty faithful to the books. The trailers, however, aren't doing the job they need to. Shit, they could do a dramatic voiceover saying "Before Star Wars... before Star Trek... before Flash Gordon... there was... JOHN CARTER: WARLORD OF MARS (cue scenes of unrelenting action, armies fighting, Dejah Thoris gutting someone, Tars Tarkis in combat, 'splosions, etc.)."
                    PR DUDE: "That's all great Tim, but how do we shoehorn in Let The Bodies Hit The Floor?"
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• "Simple, Dan! YOUR body, THIS floor!" That's when I leap across the boardroom table and start throttling the PR dude.

Comment

• It wouldn't be worse than using KASHMIR. What an incredibly stupid choice THAT was.

And Tim is dead on. 'In 1912, Edgar Rice Burroughs introduced the world to John Carter and his adventures on Mars. These tales of high adventure have inspired countless blockbusters through the years...STAR WARS...AVATAR...Now, one hundred years later, it's time to see where it all began. It's time for you to take a trip...to MARS!!!!' Cue action scenes and stuff.

Comment

• Rain Dog at DERP nailed it.

The Amazing Spider-Man is Malibu Stacey but with a new hat.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Amazingly looks meh at best. Love the "untold story" part.

Yeah, that same untold story told 10 years ago, but now with more nose.

Still hope it tanks, but people are stupid, so no, it won't.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And Rain Dog? Fuck that idiot.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Look, the Internet is underestimating the general public's "Meh" reaction. Not to mention, the love many have for Maguire as that character and the hatred of that last movie.

And before anyone points to those sizzle reel screenings selling out, that was at noon, on a work day and in very select territories. That was 100% nerds going to see that.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X