No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a single joke in that trailer lands. When a trailer is pretty much a 'highlight reel' of the best moments from the film and NOTHING STICKS, then yeah...problems.

Also, only Kate McKinnon looks like a fresh take on an original character. The other three look like Danish Girls of the original cast, nothing more.

The effects at least look good, I'll go that far.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• 50% of the trailer is from the reshoots which doesn't bode well.

Also, http://www.paranormalstudieslab.com
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        what's most confusing is that it's almost presented as a sequel when it's not. I still think that was the worst thing they did was NOT to make it a sequel in the same world.
        This was confusing to me. So it's still a reboot? Sure looks like a sequel there, what with the graffiti, firehouse shots, and text at the beginning. (It was three scientists and an Everyman, btw. /pedant)

Comment

• They stated it's not a sequel but knowing the studio it will be so we can be "surprised"
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My daughter will like. My son, not so much.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

They stated it's not a sequel but knowing the studio it will be so we can be "surprised"

The coding they're using on the press page says:

Not a sequel. But, same universe.

So, we're taking everything that we could from the original and then forcing imaginary quotas to appeal to a wider base that wasn't going to see it in the first place.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                My thing is just how recycled it looked, even what looks to be a new version of the library scene and when McCarthy got possessed I swear to God I thought she was about to say she was the Gate-Keeper.
                Yeah, this is the one thing that actually bugged me. I was like...wait, the librarian is back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  The coding they're using on the press page says:

Not a sequel. But, same universe.

So, we're taking everything that we could from the original and then forcing imaginary quotas to appeal to a wider base that wasn't going to see it in the first place.
                  silly.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

silly.

Movie economics.

Comment

• I kinda hope it crash and burns.

Comment

• I don't care what it does, BUT if that one funny chick from SNL that I can't remember her name gets more work then I guess I'm not rooting against it or anything.

ETA: the non yeller
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          I don't care what it does, BUT if that one funny chick from SNL that I can't remember her name gets more work then I guess I'm not rooting against it or anything.

ETA: the non yeller
                          That's like 3 people. McKinnon? Yeah, she loks like she's the only really interesting one.

Comment

• the trailer on youtube has like double the dislikes than likes. People are not responding well hahah.

I also saw somenoe re-edit the trailer and it worked SO much better it was scary.

All it took was to remove most dialogue and add the old song haha

Comment

• Wow...that fan edit is infinitely better.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, if you wanted to get me hype for this movie you should have shown me that in the first place.

I'd still take issue with the Librarian but otherwise it's really good. I watched the regular version a couple more times last night and I'm starting to get a little interested. I think as long as I let go of the fact it's a wasted reboot (?) I'll be entertained. I've enjoyed most of Feig's work.

Comment

Working...
                                X