• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Gordon < Flesh Gordon.

Just sayin.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Don't ever besmirch Flash Gordon like that.
      I'm just getting a Brian Blessed AAAAACTING!!!!!!! vibe from everyone in the clips, and it's kinda awesome.

Also, there was one clip where the main guy is avoiding some traps to get that eye that was pretty cool. Very D&D.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I'm just getting a Brian Blessed AAAAACTING!!!!!!! vibe from everyone in the clips, and it's kinda awesome.

Also, there was one clip where the main guy is avoiding some traps to get that eye that was pretty cool. Very D&D.

What irritates me about the push to say it's camp is it's a late push on Lionsgate to try and salvage the film.

For the bizarre as fuck moments are there, but it's few and far between.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I have yet to see this "film" and I already know it's no Flash Gordon.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            If you're trying to scare me away me to stay way from it, you're doing a terrible job at it. It sounds like a classic to me.
            Total classic, man. Of course, it's no Flash Gordon, and Butler is no Blessed.

And I forgot to mention Chadwick Boseman as the flaming god, so much so at one point Ana leaned over and whispered, "Could he be any gayer?"
            Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-25-2016, 09:30 PM.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yeah, may see this as a matinee.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• While I don't see it until next week, I think I just got 10 Cloverfield Lane spoiled for me on complete accident.

Currently verifying a few things, but everything sounds plausible.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I have zero interest in it, so spoil away.

Comment

• SHOOT!!!!

Comment

• keep it in spoilers. I don't want to know ANYTHING.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

•   Spoiler: Let's start 

Well, the movie began life as a script called The Cellar. Paramount bought it and then Bad Robot adapted it into the current film.

In terms of continuation, think in terms of the Dead movies. The central premise is there, but each installment handles it differently.

This flick takes place in the suburbs of a populous area (I'm hearing Chicago, never got clear on that). The events of the first film are known by some, others just think it was a national disaster ala 911.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead and random guy are in a car wreck caused by everyone fleeing the city en masse. John Goodman finds them while making final preparations to seal himself away from the outside world.

The new bunker buddies wake up underground, as Goodman lays out rules.

They live in splendor for a few weeks until something comes to Chicago. The new duo gets antsy and wants to leave to help family/friends. Goodman says they're already fucked and to stay indoors. A week goes by, things go tense.

The duo bum rushes Goodman and attempts to flee. Goodman kills the guy, but Winstead flees and sees the truth.

Goodman's character is former Navy Secret Tech guy who was responsible for sending the satellite up that woke up the thing in the first movie. Apparently, the USSR and America have been aware that these things exist since the 1980s and were debating using them as weapons against each other during the Cold War.

Goodman gets kicked out of the Navy, his family leaves him. Realizing that they were going to try to use another satellite to wake up whatever is in the Ocean to attack a new enemy, Goodman starts building the massive bunker.

Goodman bonds with Winstead, because she reminds him of his daughter who never replied to his pleas to come stay with him in the bunker for safety. He told everyone that when the satellite goes up to prepare and hide. No one listened. Winstead is creeped out, as she realizes she's trapped in there with a guy who while right has lost his mind due to tragedy.

As the film concludes and Winstead makes her final plan, we realizes that the Monster or the parasites from the first movie survived and it's been weeks if not months. They're tearing ass across America and are now in Chicago.

Goodman's growing more suicidal over realizing that his family is probably dead and Winstead realizes she has no shot staying in the bunker. She grabs a hazmat suit, survival supplies and food to escape.

Big reveal of sequel monster. Craziness ensues. Movie ends.

Comment

•   Spoiler: Also 

99% of the trailer comes from the second act. No one has seen footage from the opening or finale yet.

Comment

• Yeah,will still gonna wait to watch at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Yeah,will still gonna wait to watch at home.

Apparently, there's a new trailer out that shows some stuff from the opening and near the end. Plus, some slight spoilery dialogue.

Comment

• Maybe Netflix in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X