TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPBs and Omnibuses

I'm looking to pick up some more Marvel Omnibuses and TPBs.

Any suggestions?

Try to pick quality.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

This thread is gonna be quiet. You're the comic guy around here for the most part minus McMeat.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

God damn it.

I hear you guys talking about shit like Shadowrun and stuff. Hell, I figure you'd be good for some nerd crossover points.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Well yeah, but as for comics I haven't read a Marvel book except for Marvel Zombies in years. I've been going through The Goon at the moment. That is the goods. I just feel like I'm a goddamn moron when it comes to comics. I didn't used to be, but once a flood destroys like 10 long boxes and 5-6 shorts, you tend to give up. At least that's what happened to me.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Well yeah, but as for comics I haven't read a Marvel book except for Marvel Zombies in years. I've been going through The Goon at the moment. That is the goods. I just feel like I'm a goddamn moron when it comes to comics. I didn't used to be, but once a flood destroys like 10 long boxes and 5-6 shorts, you tend to give up. At least that's what happened to me.

Same happened to me and my opium.

Comment

The only omnibus I have is Starman vol.1 (and it is pretty awesome stuff). Everything else is tradeback.

And the main titles of Marvel and DC are just not my bag (aside from the All-Star Superman trades).

The last ten TPBs I've bought were from either Image or Dark Horse. Sorry Anderson. About the opium anyway.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I got a couple of hardcovers and TPBs over the weekend.

Batman R.I.P. - we hardly knew ye

Comment

Old hat: BK Vaughan-a-palooza. Finally ordered the Y: The Last Man trades.

Also: Jason Aaron's Scalped.

After Ex Machina, I hope for greatness (and seemingly will not be disappointed).
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Finished Yorick's saga.

Obvious gushing praise in 3, 2, 1...

Fucking amazing. It is the best story that I've read in a long time. Sequential art or not.

I usually wax hyperbolic about most of the things that move through the cultural zeitgeist that are usually just okay or good.

But this was just far and away something extraordinary in the medium. Hell, any medium. And just absolutely stellar work by everyone involved.

*end obvious gushing praise*

On to Jason Aaron's Scalped. Definitely going to be a jarring change of pace.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I picked up Essential Dazzler Vol. 2

Working out a price break on Secret Wars II Omnibus. Thinking about justifying my purchase by writing a giant piece for either AV, CHUD or Podcaust.

The site that begs more wins.

Comment

Isn't that at 100 right now?

Marvel...what the shit, fellas?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                        Isn't that at 100 right now?

Marvel...what the shit, fellas?

Secret Wars Omnibus is 100 bucks. But, I've also got an upcoming 40% off dealie for Free Comic Book Day at my local comic shop.

The Secret Wars II Omnibus sports 48 issues to Secret Wars Omnibus's 16 issues.

The difference in price is

SECRET WARS OMNI: 100 bucks

SECRET WARS 2 OMNI: 62.99

Comment

Still ridiculous for SW1.

(Not Shawn Wayans' name on In Living Color.)
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Definitely check out Busiek's work on Conan.

Just picked up the first few trades over the weekend. Fucking fantastic blood/guts/swordsthroughtheface stuff.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

EC Archives. One volume in, and I'm already making my "man of a thousand chins" face.

See:
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X