Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was strapped for time, so made home made nachos. Using Doritos you put heated up refried beans lightly spreaded over them, then add the meat/s of your choice(already seasoned and cooked of course), cover with shredded cheese then bake till all is melted and bubbly.

Add whatever else you like after it's all good and gooey, the wife likes it covered with guac, I like adding jalapenos and a bit of sour cream on the side. The kids like me to make queso to drowned it in because kids love queso to drown all the things in.

Not gourmet but it made tummies happy.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sometimes the easiest food is the tastiest.

We made some steamed pork buns last night. Not bad but wasn't a fan of the black garlic/mayo mixture they had us use. It would have been better with a sriracha mayo instead imo. Otherwise, tasty.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah it was actually pretty damned tasty for thrown together. Kids LOVED it of course. Yours sounds really great with that sriracha mayo option too.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Was strapped for time, so made home made nachos. Using Doritos you put heated up refried beans lightly spreaded over them, then add the meat/s of your choice(already seasoned and cooked of course), cover with shredded cheese then bake till all is melted and bubbly.

Add whatever else you like after it's all good and gooey, the wife likes it covered with guac, I like adding jalapenos and a bit of sour cream on the side. The kids like me to make queso to drowned it in because kids love queso to drown all the things in.

Not gourmet but it made tummies happy.
          No salsa?
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Salsa does not go on nachos in Texas. Salsa is for chipping dips in separately.

Comment

• I made spaghetti with homemade meatballs for my step-father and myself. My first time making Italian-style meatballs and they came out delicious.

Oh, I also made the spaghetti sauce. No jarred sauce for this meal.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I always buy sauce in a jar, then add garlic and red pepper flakes.

What? I'm a freckled Irish asshole. I can't make pasta sauce!

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  No salsa?
                  Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Salsa does not go on nachos in Texas. Salsa is for chipping dips in separately.
                  THIS for the most part. Is there a dish I might throw it on? Sure, if it sucks and needs something so I can just wolf it down.

Comment

• I had this wheat pasta/cabbage thing from blue apron. It was fucking LEGIT. So goddamn good. This week's meals were great.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I still have that. I haven't made anything this week since I've been sick. All chicken noodle soup all the time.

Comment

• it's fucking awesome man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          I always buy sauce in a jar, then add garlic and red pepper flakes.

What? I'm a freckled Irish asshole. I can't make pasta sauce!
                          So? I don't have any Italian ancestry in me, as far as I know.
                          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• had an amazing catfish curry dish last night from Apron. super tasty.

Comment

• Had that while sitting on the patio sipping bourbon Sunday night. It was legit.

Comment

• Curry just sounds like a long day on the shitter for me. Am I wrong in my assumption? Again, as said in other threads, I know I'm weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X