Summer Box Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summer Box Office

The Hell Boy 2 trailer blew me away, but I still don't feel the general public has enough Hell Boy love to make this film rake in the dough. Too bad it wasn't being released this week. It'd be huge.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Seriously. It sucks be cause GDT's movies are so well put together and they just kinda get swept under the rugs when they are released.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

but smart to release it before the dark knight.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I don't see why the studios takes their most expensive films and pile them all up in a 3-4 month period, when we have February - April of mostly crap. If these films were given more room to breath, they'd end up making more cash. We would then get the big budget stuff for a lot longer, and the studios would get more of our monies.

Comment

It gets one week to make money before TDK destroys it. That really sucks.

Comment

summer vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                but smart to release it before the dark knight.
                Not really. Especially not only a week before. This movie should come out in Oct. OR like Ari said, Feb-Apr. I weep for the boxoffice take for HB2.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                  It gets one week to make money before TDK destroys it. That really sucks.
                  true... but then i'm sure just the fans of the first would go and see this film anyways...

october is way too late in the year for a chance at more box office income and february through april is too early since the movie ended production in december... may could have been the best time but yah...

Comment

I don't feel any particular part of the year is necessary for bringing in a lot of cash. If the film is marketed well and is a great movie, then anytime of year could make it profitable. Titanic opened in the tail end of Decmeber. 300 proved that May-July isn't the only time of year for films geared at us geeks to bring in the dough. Great marketing + geat movie + great word of mouth = great success regardless of date.

Comment

I don't think the studio expects to make a ton of dough on HB2, they probably figure it will make it's money overseas or on the DVD/merchandise tip. The release date doesn't really mean shit to them.

As for Wall-E it will be huge, it might be the biggest just because there isn't a shrek movie coming out this summer. Iron Man is still my pic because I know sooooo many people that are hype on this movie, it covers all demographics; nerds, cool guys, kids, chicks, old white people, asians...I can go on forever. The sleeper of the bunch is Indiana Jones, it will be colossal. This is another movie my kids keep reminding me about. They really want to see it...my in laws are hype on it too (they are from Mexico and Costa Rica). The nostalgia factor is huge with Indy, all the people who were dating in the 80's, all the kids from the 80's and all the "film buffs" will flock to this movie. On top of that, Shia LeBouf is in it, all the teen chicks will be there to see his goofy ass. As for the Dark Knight...it won't bomb, but it won't be the biggest release, not even a close 4th. This is a special group that will see this. The Heath Ledger fans, the fanboys, the comic nerds...etc. The last Batman was bananas, this one I think might be better, but most people will wait for the DVD.

And that's all I have to say about that...who knows the Adam Sandler flick will probably smash every record ever made.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I've got a feeling The Dark Knight might surprise us all.

Comment

thanks to the death of Mr. Ledger, it is a possibility

Comment

Begins did good, not great. I do believe dvd sales were fantastic. Dark Knight has a great lead off from Begins, the Ledger tragedy, and everyone's favorite villian, the Joker.

Comment

True, true, true, true and true

Comment

And they replaced Katie Holmes. How could it not make a zillion bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X