Hulky poo, where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulky poo, where are you?

I'm kinda worried about why marketing for the new Hulk movie has been so quiet. Why have we only gotten a few pics of Ed Norton? Where's the stinking trailer? I have a few theories as to why the Hulk has been so quiet:

1) The Hulk himself isn't complete yet. Universal doesn't want to put any pics of the Hulk out there, especially video, until the fx works on him are 100%. We internet nerds will bitch like hell if ol' Hulky doesn't look better than he did in Ang Lee's film, and Universal knows it. Just look at the last shot in the Iron Man trailer where he blows up the tank. It looked very cg-ish in the Super Bowl ad, and there were many complaints. The new trailer it looks great, bitching over.

2) Universal is scared. They don't want to put a lot of money and effort into promoting this film after the dissapointing returns of the last Hulk flick. I can understand this ine of thought, but if the final product is really good, then you think Universal would want to get behind it.

3) It's not good. This one has me the most scared. What if the film just blows? My bigger fear, what if the Hulk himself looks lame? CGI has become more and more advanced since Ang Lee's film (see Transformers or King Kong), and many people didn't think the Hulk looked all that great back then. If the final look of him doesn't surpass the old look, Universal could have a huge disastor on thier hands. The film could be fantastic, but if the Hulk isn't 100% believable, then the internet will tear it apart.

I'm really hoping that #1 is correct, and Universal doesn't want to release unfinished fx work. But I wouldn't count out # 2 and 3 either. We have been bombarded by Iron Man pics and footage, but the jolly green man is nowhere to be found. I liked Ang Lee's film (until the ridiculous ending), but can see the greatness in a, "more smash, less angst" Hulk film. I really like the cast, and the director is pretty damn good when it comes to action, so I was pretty stoked about this film. Now I just find myself thrilled to have Iron Man coming out, with The Incredible Hulk as a far after thought. And Hulky deserves more than that.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Hulky poo, where are you?

You know, I'm one of the few that fucking love Ang Lee's flick. I thought the Hulk CG looked fanatastic as well. But you're right, there is something going on here. The script I have some faith in as apparently Norton rewrote the bitch and is a huge comic fan. I really hope it's not just HULK SMASH! for 2 hours though. And you're totally right on them possibly being scared about the FX. The backlash on the first Iron Man trailer was rediculous. Granted that tank scene looks a million times better in the newest trailer, maybe Universal is trying to sneak this on the general public. The original was hyped beyond belief and almost all of the shots of it were from like the 3 action scenes in the movie.

I do remember seeing it a midnight showing on the first day and watching the audience falling asleep. It was marketed as an action movie but was clearly not. I was enthralled the whole time, especially by Nolte's hair.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ha, Nolte was looney as hell in that flick. I agree with you on Ang Lee's film, I found it to be a more thoughtful approach to the Hulk character. The cg never bugged me, but that final fight with his pop was too fuckcrazy for me. The battle with the army was jaw droppingly awesome.

Having Ed rewrite a bunch of the film worried me, until some moron dressed up like Capt America asked him a question at Comic Con and Ed called him Steve Rogers. Then I knew we had a comic geek here. I really don't want to believe this film is going to suck, so come on Universal, convince me it won't for God sakes!

Comment

So are we getting grey hulk or here or still green? Will this Hulk talk? Fill me in!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Well according to the toys I've seen (and I haven't seen much) he will be green. Darker than the last film, but green nonetheless. As for speaking, I have no idea at all. I heard the Hulk will stay a consistant size, rather than getting larger the more angry he gets.

Back to Ang Lee's film, the second time I watched it I enjoyed it even more than the first. And now I find myself stopping if I come across it on tv. After watching the movie, one of my buddies was so pissed he swore to never watch another Ang Lee film again. I don't understand where that hatred of the movie comes from, and I also don't understand why the new film isn't a sequel, but a reboot.

Comment

The whole reboot thing pisses me off. There should be a rule that you cannot reboot a "franchise" if it's less than 10 years old and if there is only 1 of them.

Comment

It just seems pointless, as the end of The Hulk had perfectly set it up for a sequel. Changing the cast doesn't bother me, just why reboot? You could make a sequel, and not even reference anything that happened in the original. Just blowing the original off like that, especially when it's only a few years old, just seems lame.

Comment

Exactly. It's not like most people know who Eric Bana is anyways. Plus I liked the idea of him hiding out in South America or wherever it was. I guess I can't bitch too much about this flick until we actually see some pics and they aren't of Ed looking like he's getting a rectum exam.

Comment

Lets hope we get some footage soon, damnit. I'm tired of waiting.

On a side note, I'm passed 200 posts now! Three cheers to having a crappy job!

Comment

Huzzah! I might as well name this forum : "Schlonk and The Headcheese Forum".

Comment

I was showing the site to my buddies over the weekend, hopefully I can get them to join. All they do is watch lame youtube videos, so if they're gonna waste time, might as well do it here!

Comment

Sweet. We do have a lame youtube video section so they can check things out there!

Comment

Lame Youtube Section: Now with basketball head explosions!

Comment

So what's the word on the cameos in this flick and Iron Man? Aren't they trying to tie these movies together somehow?

Comment

I've heard Nick Fury shows up in both films. It seems like it could be true, with Sam Jackson playing Fury, but we won't know for sure till the films come out. I think the idea is brilliant. I love when films reference each other ("the train's halfway to Metroplis by now", "This is why Superman works alone") and by tying the films together Marvel is creating an actual universe, instead of a bunch of stand alone films. And all this Avenger talk has really got my willy dancing.

Comment

Working...
                              X