Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where you working now?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The ASM gig at Family Dollar came through. Started a few days before New Years. Spent first two weeks training at nearby store (only 10 minutes from my house compared to the 40-ish minute distance to my store). That store was a Godsend. A well-oiled machine. Properly staffed and has its shit in order.

This one I'm at... respectfully... doesn't. But the GM and fellow ASMs (literally only five of us total and one of them I am replacing) are good people and it's a case of such high turnover, they just need to weather the storm. I view it as a challenge unlike the Dollar General ASM gig where the writing was on the wall what a shit-storm it was... and I've heard horror stories about them since working here.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Glad you got the gig, Jamie. I hope it works out for you.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Thank you.

Just trying to build our savings back up 'till we make our next move (and see where this gig can lead to).
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Soooooooooooo turns out cars aren't meant to ice ski. Work's been busy.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Damn valve on my sprinkler system blew. Had to get under the damn fountain of water and cut the shut-off. Got soaked and a ton of freezing water got into my ear. I was freezing cold for hours yesterday, and my ear was still bugging me this morning when I got up. FUN.

Comment

• good on you Jamie. glad you got the gig.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Damn valve on my sprinkler system blew. Had to get under the damn fountain of water and cut the shut-off. Got soaked and a ton of freezing water got into my ear. I was freezing cold for hours yesterday, and my ear was still bugging me this morning when I got up. FUN.
                  Oof, I suppose you guys don't winterize sprinkler systems down there. That sucks. At least they're easy to repair?

Comment

• Yeah. Winterizing is not a thing we do here, period. But yeah luckily it's gonna be like a $200 repair.

Comment

• Whoa, that seems expensive. Did a valve housing crack? Not just one replaceable part?

Comment

• I don't fuck with plumbing, so I'm counting on labor in there.

Comment

• Dang, I wish I was down there. I'd fix it for a cheeseburger and glass of bourbon.

Comment

• Went out and looked. Cap on the valve blew up and off. FUN.

Comment

• This is why I keep a small team of retired and former alcoholic handymen on call.

Whenever I want to fix something or build something weird...I buy the supplies and give these guys a $20.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• We're probably in for one more freeze/heavy snowfall before spring hits.

Typically this happens for us once every five-ish years. And every single time it happens, people lose their fucking minds.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X