Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans to watch Skyline fell through this weekend, and from what I'm hearing/reading, I might've saved myself a few bucks by not bothering.

Anywho, nice quiet day yesterday, so I watched...

Julius Caesar (1971) - Shakespeare in the hizzouse, yo! Jason Robards, Charlton Heston, John Gielgud, Richard Chamberlain, and Diana Rigg (!) - all of 'em delivered, though the film kind of felt flat in parts. Still, worth catching Heston as Antony delivering the funeral speech for Caesar.

Asylum - yeah, avoid this one folks. Another slasher pic, did nothing for me on any level, and you could see how scenes were going to play out from a mile away. A couple of OK performances, but nothing to write home about.

Caught The People vs. Larry Flynt before work this morning - really like this flick, just great performances all around. Harrelson, Norton, Glover, and Courtney Love at her best, and great direction by Milos Forman. Wonderful character beats in this, too - great dynamic between Harrelson and Love in every one of their scenes.

Comment

• David Cross: Bigger and Blackerer

Not too shabby besides the fact that he now looks like a cross between himself and Captain Spaulding. Also his slightly buffer arms make him look really creepy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I want a movie where Larry Flynt and Jame Gumb do battle/are buddy cops.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
          I want a movie where Larry Flynt and Jame Gumb do battle/are buddy cops.
          FUCK. YES.

Comment

• Larry can roll over the guy's foot wih his wheelchair during an interrogation, and Gumb can yell 'You don't know what pain is!"...

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
              I want a movie where Larry Flynt and Jame Gumb do battle/are buddy cops.
              Dare to dream!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• And even though the perp can't see it in the low-light, we all know this to be true...

...they're both tucking heat.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want to see the scene where Gumb turns to Flynt and says "Would ye fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard."

Flynt would set a land/speed record in his wheelchair trying to get away from him.

Comment

• As long as 'Goodbye Horses' is not played during the big tool-up/weapon loading scene right before the final shootout, then all will be well...

Comment

• 'Outland'. I saw this in the theater when it was first released and liked it. I've seen it a few times since on TV/HBO, but it's been at least 15 years since my last viewing of it.

I still like it a lot, mainly for the earnestness of Connery's character AND for the supporting work by the other actors. It's 'High Noon' in space, and that's just fine.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'd rather it all be played straight, maybe set in the coke-caked 80s, and with Prince and The Revolution doing the soundtrack ala Queen's Highlander work.

ETA: Outland is fantastic. Pete Boyle played dirtbag well. Sternhagen is the shit.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sternhagen is the MVP of the film, easily. CROTCHETY doesn't begin to cover it.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMN View Post
                            Sternhagen is the MVP of the film, easily. CROTCHETY doesn't begin to cover it.
                            Hell yes. Love that movie.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• In honour of many of our new avatars, I watched Back to the Future Part II yesterday.

All the problems I have with it are in the future sequence, which I never realised is completely done with by 30 minutes in. Once we get to alternate '85, its all gravy and its easily the most interesting of the three films, from a sci-fi point of view. It just doesn't have the charm of the first and that 2015 sequence is pretty horrid, by and large. I still love it, though.

Also watched Lawn Dogs again with the missus last night. It doesn't have the impact it once had for me, but she enjoyed it - just further proof that I've got a keeper on my hands.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                                In honour of many of our new avatars, I watched Back to the Future Part II yesterday.

All the problems I have with it are in the future sequence, which I never realised is completely done with by 30 minutes in. Once we get to alternate '85, its all gravy and its easily the most interesting of the three films, from a sci-fi point of view. It just doesn't have the charm of the first and that 2015 sequence is pretty horrid, by and large. I still love it, though.

Also watched Lawn Dogs again with the missus last night. It doesn't have the impact it once had for me, but she enjoyed it - just further proof that I've got a keeper on my hands.
                                I maaaaaaay have to give BTTF2 another shot, then. Like you, it's the future shit that kills it for me.

I'm also thinking of giving 'Lawn Dogs' another go. I'm kinda in a Sam Rockwell mood after watching 'Moon'.

Comment

Working...
                                X