Call of Duty 5: Or Fuck you Treyarch, you are no Infinity Ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, IGN gave it a 9.2. And there is this:
    And then there's the icing on the cake, a silly-yet-fun bonus co-op mode called Nacht der Untoten, or Night of the Undead. It's also referred to as Nazi Zombies, and it's a last stand against waves of oncoming zombies. You and up to three others are holed up inside a bunker; the zombies try to break down the barricades at the doors and windows and you have to kill them. Each wave becomes harder by throwing more zombies at you or making the zombies faster or both. You gain points for killing the zombies and for rebuilding the barricades, and these points can be used to purchase weapons, ammo, and access to other parts of the bunker. There's even a mystery box that can serve up a ray gun straight out of 1940s pulp fiction. Still, eventually the zombies will kill you, and the goal is to survive as long as possible to compare your performance on the leaderboard.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Hmmmms...they had to throw this in to compete with Gears and L4D...complete rip off of horde and a zombie attack....I'll still get it for $10.00
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Still not playing this game. And I know it'll make bank, but fuck that. I'll be waiting for the next Infinity Ward version. You know, the GOOD version. Take that 10 bucks, add 20 more to it and download Warhawk on the PS3. haha
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

So I just beat the game last night. It felt shorter than COD4, and most of the levels felt mediocre. But I had to beat it to get Nazi Zombie mode, which I played for about 10 minutes last night, and can officially declare to be FREAKIN' AWESOME!

So the zombies have glowing yellow eyes, and they start fairly slow but get faster as you level up. You start with a pistol and get points for killing zombies, which can then be used to buy more weapons and ammo, and also unlock more areas in the house. You can also run up to windows and board them up to help slow down the zombies. Also, sometimes zombies drop power-up's like full ammo, one shot kills, or double points for 30 seconds. I can't wait to get a group together to play this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Still not playing this game.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Well don't blame me if a Nazi Zombie outbreak happens and you're clueless as to what to do.

Comment

I'll be playing Left 4 Dead.

Comment

What's great about Nazi Zombie mode is how blowing off their limbs looks so great and really affects how they move. I tossed a grenade into a group, only to walk away and have a legless zombie crawl at me and start biting my ankles.

Comment

Speaking of:

http://chud.com/articles/articles/17...NOW/Page1.html
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That preview looks fucking great. I really don't think the Nazi Zombie idea has ever been used to it's full potential.

Comment

• Rented the game, so I'll be playing this game soon. *Hangs head in shame.

I'll probably play it on veteran to start out, unless I hate it. Maybe I'll just download a save file and skip straight to zombie mode.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I played on Normal and was getting pissed at the constant barrage of grenades, and I only wanted to get Zombie mode. I don't think I'll ever play through the campaign again, unless 3 other friends really want to join in.

Comment

• So the consensus is: fuck the main game but the mini zombie game is fun.

Pass. haha.

Comment

• Multiplayer is solid; it's on the same level as COD4, and some of the maps are really cool. The weapons took some time to get the feel of, but I'm doing some good job on RAMPAGING again. Still, that zombie mode looks to be a great mulitplayer experience. I have no idea what level it goes up to. I reached level6 before I got it from behind.

Comment

• Yeah, but fuck WWII. That shit is so fucking played out.

Comment

Working...
                                X