Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

The Sexbot stuff is great.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Done with Robopocalypse. It was ok, but it lost steam by the end. Like, really deflated. I still liked WWZ a bit more, but still, I'll check out Wilson's other book, Amped.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Reading the Wool series on my Kindle. You can get the first 5 volumes for like $5 right now, highly recommend you do so.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I'm starting the Wise Man's Fear this weekend, due to Billy's sale tactics.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

YES. Just had another friend start it. He tweeted me today to tell me that Kvothe at university blows away the entire Harry Potter series. I guess that's high praise?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Well Kvothe in the first volume alone is better. What I want is more Chandrian though. That looked so neat. I mean, that ain't just gonna a trilogy, right?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I'm reading King's 11/22/63 right now. It's really quite entertaining so far but I think I'm missing some of the King references. Jake, the main character, just got back from 1958 Derry, ME. I recognized that he spoke with The young versions of Annette O'Toole and Harry Anderson from IT and also caught references to "The Body" but one thing I'm not sure about...

Was there another book/story about a force or something that possessed people to kill with a hammer?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Reading The Apoclaypse Codex by Charles Stross. (the Laundry series)

So far, the Chutulu + Dark magic + James Bond + Public bureaucracy mix has worked for 3 volumes, so it's probably gonna work for the 4th as well!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Apocalypse Codex was good, as usual, Stross is the Man.

Now, I'm halfway through Daniel O'Malley's The Rook. Haven't been into a book like that since the Lies of Locke Lamora. Wow. Instead of telling you what it's about, I'll be lazy and copy-paste the blurb. It's worth it though.

Quote:
"The body you are wearing used to be mine." So begins the letter Myfanwy Thomas is holding when she awakes in a London park surrounded by bodies all wearing latex gloves. With no recollection of who she is, Myfanwy must follow the instructions her former self left behind to discover her identity and track down the agents who want to destroy her.

She soon learns that she is a Rook, a high-ranking member of a secret organization called the Chequy that battles the many supernatural forces at work in Britain. She also discovers that she possesses a rare, potentially deadly supernatural ability of her own.

In her quest to uncover which member of the Chequy betrayed her and why, Myfanwy encounters a person with four bodies, an aristocratic woman who can enter her dreams, a secret training facility where children are transformed into deadly fighters, and a conspiracy more vast than she ever could have imagined
Old 04-14-2013, 11:22 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

I still want to high-five the fuck out of you for suggesting The Lies of Locke Lamora. I'm not a fantasy fiction guy at all but that and its sequel were fantastic. Cameron Hughes turned me on to The Six-Gun Tarot and I just bought a copy, so I'mma get on that and report back. It sounds awesome though.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Cool! I'll check out that Tarot title if you say it's legit.

And book 3 of the Gentlemen Bastards? COMING OUT IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!! MOAR LOCKE! AND MORE BONDSMAGI!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

I still gotta start it! I ended up re-reading a bunch of comics on my Kindle while tipsy last night because I needed to finish SCALPED but I kinda didn't remember most of it so I restarted the whole series. I'll kick off Tarot today probs.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Now, I'm halfway through Daniel O'Malley's The Rook. Haven't been into a book like that since the Lies of Locke Lamora. Wow. Instead of telling you what it's about, I'll be lazy and copy-paste the blurb. It's worth it though.
The Rook was fantastic. Gripping and fun, the concept alone kept me going, but it's the execution that sold me by the end. Jake, it's a must-buy. Can the sequel come out now please?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:50 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

For reals, guys, do yourself a favor and pick up The Martian. It's the best book I've read in a long time. It's really funny, science-y, and flat-out thrilling. i finished it in just a few days. I couldn't put it down.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:34 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Yep. Fantastic book.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:20 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Currently reading Console Wars by Blake Harris. Fascinating stuff about the war between Sega and Nintendo.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:24 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

neat. will check out