Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing

Anyone a fan? I'm not talking MMA/UFC, I mean boxing.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

I remember watching the infamous Holyfield and Tyson fight back on pay-pay-view back when I was like 14 or 15. Otherwise, I'll ocassionally watch, but I'm not hardcore. Would rather play the game. haha
    Last edited by Abraham Smashington; 05-27-2008, 08:40 AM. Reason: because I can't spell this early in the morning.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I've been watching boxing on HBO since I was a kid. Got a lot more into watching it regularly in the last 5 years. Which sucks, because there haven't been as many memorable fights as in the past. Or, at least it seems that way.

Comment

I'm a huge boxing fan, I tend to purchase these PPV's more than UFC. I trained jiu jitsu for a short period and got heavy into MMA. I got over it when those fights began to get boring for me. I've always loved boxing, but have been way more dedicated as of late. There are so many fighters that are coming out right now it's a good time for boxing. Everyone from Ricky Hatton to Miguel Cotto are so exciting, I just wish there were some decent heavyweights.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

You obviously have never played against Abraham Smashington in Fight Night 3. He 's only the best heavyweight ever!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brother View Post
            I'm a huge boxing fan, I tend to purchase these PPV's more than UFC. I trained jiu jitsu for a short period and got heavy into MMA. I got over it when those fights began to get boring for me. I've always loved boxing, but have been way more dedicated as of late. There are so many fighters that are coming out right now it's a good time for boxing. Everyone from Ricky Hatton to Miguel Cotto are so exciting, I just wish there were some decent heavyweights.

Agreed. But there is a lot of talent below the heavyweights right now. Pavlik, Cotto, Pacqaio(?), Margarito, etc. I don't think Hatton has too many left. He's almost 30 and his style can burn out a fighter. Especially with his weight fluctuations between fights.

Comment

Rob, we should duel again in FN3, but maybe after we have done a little "training" of our own. I also want to start a new character. My others are like 35 and sloooooow.

Comment

I need to get back on fight night...I'm just so fucking addicted to COD still. I'm a huge Pavlik fan and I think Joe Calzaghe is the shit. I really want Mayweather to accept a challenge from Cotto. I think Cotto will dish out Floyd's first loss...

Comment

Get back on that FN horse! I play a ton of COD still as well, but its good to shake things up. I think that if Mayweather won't fight Cotto then he should retire. Or at least shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Get back on that FN horse! I play a ton of COD still as well, but its good to shake things up. I think that if Mayweather won't fight Cotto then he should retire. Or at least shut the fuck up.
                    Agreed, I just need more time...Mayweather's mouth is so fucking irritating.

Comment

Agreed, I just need more time...Mayweather's mouth is so fucking irritating.

He is incredibly talented. Which is what makes his "Money Mayweather" schtick all the more lame. Be a man. Fight the best out there. Its not like he'll have much of a shot a being a commentator. That or being a promoter are the best post-boxing gigs a fighter can get. Or trainer I guess.

Comment

I don't think he would be a good trainer or commentator, he's too full of himself. As for promotions, Golden Boy has got it locked down, maybe they'll make him a partner but that's a long shot.

Comment

I don't think he would be a good trainer or commentator, he's too full of himself. As for promotions, Golden Boy has got it locked down, maybe they'll make him a partner but that's a long shot.
                          All true. He brings nothing to the table as far as promotions go. He'll probably fight Oscar again, get paid and retire. If he won't fight the winner of Coto/Margarito, there is nothing left for him to do. Although no one will fight Winky Wright. What a snoozer that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            All true. He brings nothing to the table as far as promotions go. He'll probably fight Oscar again, get paid and retire. If he won't fight the winner of Coto/Margarito, there is nothing left for him to do. Although no one will fight Winky Wright. What a snoozer that would be.
                            Preach brother Preach!

Comment

I think this sucks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3494448

Comment

Working...
                              X