Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Toybox

The Toybox No one here has more toys than Ari. I still haven't decided if that's a good thing or bad. Enjoy your DOLLS Ari.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

I finally fucking found it! I've been searching everywhere and asking people if they remembered the name of the mini figures with magnet feet and gear based vehicles. Even Ari couldn't name them. Does anyone remember this shit?

StarCom was so fucking awesome. My brother has a few of the figures left. I fucking loved these toys as a kid. I think I'll need to visit eBay soon...
Old 08-17-2009, 02:16 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Ahh, StarCom. Never had any of them. Here's some more info for you:

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/s/starcom/starcom.html

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Has anyone mentioned the old Spy Tech stuff...I always wanted that shit.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I know where I'd stick a hidden camera nowadays.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Ari Strozenberg: Connoisseur of the glory hole.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Dinosaurs!

Randall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy BlanksRandall is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

After this baffling paint job on the original dude:

I'd have (and still would) kill for the alternate "Toon Turtles" version:

Never found it as a kid, and last time I checked that bastard was going for like 60 bucks on Ebay.

Also:

Last edited by Randall; 04-27-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Failasaurus
Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

THIS was one of my most favorite toys in the world when I was little. This was a deluxe fold out Barbie house - the walls folded inward and locked, and there was a handle on the roof. Load it up with the furniture, the dolls and the clothes, and you could bring it everywhere. I'd go in the very back of our big old station wagon on road trips, open the house up, and have a ball. They'd never even hear a word out of me the whole trip.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

I wanted no toy more during my adolescence...

To make matters worse, Talisman, once Belfast's premier Comics and Collectibles Emporium (later to become Forbidden Planet) had one out on display, when I was about 11. It was about a hundred quid or something, if I remember right... even though it was out of the box. It was a far cry from a "wee treat" anyway. I used to love going upstairs and walking past it hoping one day for it to be mine. Then, it was gone. I was fortunate enough to get some of the Power of the Force Kenner Death Star stuff, but the original toys were always particularly appealing to me.

Excellent Punisher choice, Randall.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

This was the ultimate prize for me. One time we were in a Sam's Club, and they had a stack of these for like $75, and my dad was like "We should go ahead and get this for Billy and Shawn." FUCK YES DAD, SCORE! And my mom put her foot down and said no way in hell, it's massive and there is no room for it. We begged and told her we could put it at the end of the bed. No go. Never got it. Still pissed.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Baby Sole Eater

Phat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' itPhat Dizaztr is adept at slaterin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post

This was the ultimate prize for me. One time we were in a Sam's Club, and they had a stack of these for like $75, and my dad was like "We should go ahead and get this for Billy and Shawn." FUCK YES DAD, SCORE! And my mom put her foot down and said no way in hell, it's massive and there is no room for it. We begged and told her we could put it at the end of the bed. No go. Never got it. Still pissed.
Sorry mom I love you but you can sleep outside so we have room for this epicness! WIN!

I need this now!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Someone had that Battleship and took a picture of it. It fit exactly onto the top of a pool table.

That's how freaking huge it is.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
<-----THIS!

It was the USS Flagg if I remember correctly. Probably the most awesome playset ever. Kinda sad knowing that a playset like this will probably never exist again.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

My uncle had it. it was fucking GLORIOUS.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
<-----THIS!

All my uncle had was duct tape, rope, and tons of potato salad.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Did he also host Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:22 PM
is not Montel Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
All my uncle had was duct tape, rope, and tons of potato salad.

That's a real real shame.

The fact he had no cole slaw on hand.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Ms. January, Ava Gardner!

Lisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurtsLisa is so fucking epic it hurts

Thank god all my uncle did was belly-tickle me till I peed on the rug.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM
<-----THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
Thank god all my uncle did was belly-tickle me till I peed on the rug.
Mine did the exact same thing. I was 16 at the time.

Thank God he didn't have a basement!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Only a prototype was created. Never made full production. I would have KILLED to have had a G1 Unicron.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Only a prototype was created. Never made full production. I would have KILLED to have had a G1 Unicron.

I tried to get Rob to "Unicron" me when everyone got Unicorned. I guess he didn't catch it. SO MANY G1 TRANSFORMERS I STILL WANT!!!