Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Toybox

The Toybox No one here has more toys than Ari. I still haven't decided if that's a good thing or bad. Enjoy your DOLLS Ari.

View Poll Results: What was your favorite toy line in the 80's?
Masters of the Universe 3 12.50%
Star Wars 2 8.33%
G.I. Joe 6 25.00%
Transformers 4 16.67%
Super Powers 2 8.33%
TMNT 2 8.33%
Thundercats 0 0%
Secret Wars 0 0%
M.U.S.C.L.E. 1 4.17%
The Real Ghostbusters 2 8.33%
Other 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts
Default Re: Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

Looks like a skank to me

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Exactly
Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Haha. I had those toys as well. *hangs head in shame*
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

My dad always thought I was weird when I'd play with my She-Ra girls. I had Bo, the guy from She-Ra who had a heart you could make beat. Playing with him was more gay than playing with She-Ra.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Fuck yah. I remember that bastard. Jesus Christ they were good at making kids play with anything.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I had that flamethrower...he was what gay kids wanted to be when they grew up...I wanted to be a Centurion
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Elitist

Does anyone remember/ still have the Chuck Norris toys? I had both of these and I believe I have the purple dude somewhere. I remember thinking his leg was broken because it had that crazy kicking/swinging action.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
<-----THIS!

I had a Karate Kid playhouse/Dojo thing. It was awesome.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
is fancy

Oh yah, I had all of the Over the Top figures. Including the playset so you could have your own Arm wrestling championships. Fuck I miss that thing.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Elitist

I wanted to go to boarding school sooooo bad after I saw Over the Top....
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
<-----THIS!

I wanted to become Brundle fly and arm wrestle Sly.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
is fancy

AHHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Now that's a crossover!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:47 PM
<-----THIS!

After watching Rambo, I'm not to sure Brundle would win.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
???????

ScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

:'( Ok, it saddens me that I missed out on this thread as I was not yet part of the great podcaust group and there for missed the talk about Dino Riders :'(

So... be prepared for cool toy's I remebber. Meatbag mage mention of McNugget toy's which made me think about the great Food Changeables that you got with your happy meal at mickey d's.... I loved these damn thing's!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM
is fancy

I was all about Mayor McCheese's pullback race car. That thing was dope.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
???????

ScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

... well here are a few of the great great toys that I onced played with.

Air Raider's .... not very popular but they kicked ass!

Glow worm .... I was only like three when this thing came out and thanks to the glow worm I can sleep with the lights off today, so happy they brought this thing back... I'll have to get one for my daughter.

Muscle Men ... you had to have these in order to survive in school as you would trade them around.

Monsters in my pocket .... and if you didnt have muscle men you better have these!

Armatron ... this thing kicked so much ass it was ridiculous, I use to move all my action figures into war with this thing.

Lazer Tag ... This was a blast and all my friends where jealous, it was some what expensive but me and my bro would rock out.

Domino Rally .... ohh yes! My mom loved this thing because it kept me busy for hours

Sky Commanders .... and mom hated these, I had strings all down the stairs and hallways, these things rocked!

My Buddy .... dont laugh, I was only 5 when this came out and he was a big part of my life because he was my buddy when I had no buddy's :'(

Popples .... I'm afraid to admit this one but yes, I had 2 or 3.... I liked them because they would turn into a ball and you could roll them around

My Pet Monster .... but a few years later I grew up and moved onto monsters ;D

Mr. T .... Yes I know, but I once thought I was him.... I had the costume and all the gold jewelry. This doll/action figure even said "I pitty the fool"!

Super Powers ... and one of my favorite action figure lines ever, I think I owned every one and had them all placed in the Justice League Hall Of Justice case.

PoGo Ball .... this kicked ass! I thought I could jump like 20ft in the air with this thing!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 PM
<-----THIS!

Those are some epic toys right there. I had most of the Macdonald toys, and a few air raiders. I still have a ton of MUSCLE and Monster in My Pocket. I also had a graveyard themed domino rally and a ton of Super Powers.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
???????

Super Powers for the win for sure! I also had many many domino rally... the glow in the dark one was sweeeet!
Here's a cool site of the Super Powers figure's and the hall of justice!
http://www.toyotter.com/sp/hoj.html

Also had a few pairs of these

Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Holy crap! I had the Armatron and totally forgot. Nice!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 AM
<-----THIS!

Here's something from my childhood I probably should have kept to myself: Whenever I wanted to dress up like Superman or Batman, the costumes were impossible to find. But I was a kid, and I needed to be superhero, damnit! So I had only one choice, one costume which I could always find available no matter what. So I wore that costume, and fought crime in my house as the greatest superhero ever. What costume was I forced to wear you ask?

Wonder Woman.