Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Toybox

The Toybox No one here has more toys than Ari. I still haven't decided if that's a good thing or bad. Enjoy your DOLLS Ari.

View Poll Results: What was your favorite toy line in the 80's?
Masters of the Universe 3 12.50%
Star Wars 2 8.33%
G.I. Joe 6 25.00%
Transformers 4 16.67%
Super Powers 2 8.33%
TMNT 2 8.33%
Thundercats 0 0%
Secret Wars 0 0%
M.U.S.C.L.E. 1 4.17%
The Real Ghostbusters 2 8.33%
Other 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts
Default Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

I don't think I forgot any really big ones. My vote goes for Masters, as He-Man stuff was pure crack to me as a kid. Still, it's hard to choose. All the above lines feel like my children.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:57 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Re: Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

Oh shit. Tough fucking call man. I had to go with MOTU as I still have almost the entire collection. Well I don't but my dad kept all of it. And decided to throw out my Star Wars, Justice League, Gi. Joe figures. For the simple reason that "I thought the He-Man figures would be worth something..."

But the TMNT line was pretty fucking dope there for awhile. The Turtle Van was a thing of beauty when I was a kid.

Edited because I forgot how awesome The Real Ghostbusters toys were.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Oh man, how I wish I still had all my old figures. I still have some MOTU and Star Wars. And I have a duffle bag full of ninja turtles (thank God my parents didn't get their grubby hands on those).

Old 02-29-2008, 03:02 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I know one you forgot, Go BOTS. I owned more of those than Transformers because they were cheaper.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
<-----THIS!

I thought about Go BOTS, M.A.S.K., C.O.P.s, and Silverhawks, but didn't add them cause I didn't feel they were as popular. That's what "other" is for.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM
feels good man

Oh shit, M.A.S.K.. The gas station base was the coolest fucking thing ever. I remember my uncle owning it and I was uber jealous.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:07 PM
<-----THIS!

I had that fuckin' gas station! Boulder Mountain I think it was called. It was too freakin' sweet.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM
feels good man

Wow, that is totally not how I remembered it. What a let down haha.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 PM
<-----THIS!

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that picture: That's it? I remember it being some huge playset, filled with awesomeness and sprinkled with joy. That thing looks like a shiny turd.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
feels good man

Same here man. I wonder if this pic is missing some awesomeness somewhere, or if I was just amused by whatever when I was a kid. I'm thinking the latter.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
feels good man

I saved up for like 4 months for this thing. And it was fucking badass.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
feels good man

OMG, I just thought of one that trumps all and you forgot so I'm adding it to the poll: The Real Ghostbusters!!!!

Ecto-1 and the Firehouse for the fucking win!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
<-----THIS!

BAH! I did forget The Ghostbusters! I'm ashamed! I still have an Egon figure somewhere.

I never had Eternia. Damn, that playset was awesome looking.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
feels good man

Dude it was epic. Motorized tram and everything. I was the king of the neighborhood that summer.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
<-----THIS!

OMG! I had that Bug Eye Ghost! You squeezed him and his eye would pop out. Oh man, so cool! Total geek metldown happening over here!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
<-----THIS!

On closer inspection, that double headed blue ghost looks really familar too.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM
<-----THIS!

Remember these little gems?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
feels good man

Fuck yah. Tendril was awesome. I had him. And as for the Ghostbusters page, I owned everything on there.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:22 PM
<-----THIS!

Oh man, I only had Egon, Ray, and later Janine. I had a pretty good selection of ghosts, though, with Slimer, a cop that turned into a skeleton, a mummy, some kind of ghosts that snapped shut when you hit their tongues, one that shot other ghosts out of its mouth, and a few more I can't remember.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

gahhh... this thread makes me want to go on ebay and spend all my money on nostalgic toys...