Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Bioshock Infinite last week, liked it a lot. I get some of the hate for this game, but for me the issue is mostly that it feels like it would have been better served as an action adventure game than a fps. Although, some of that might just be shooter fatigue on my part. Still, liked the story, mostly, other than a few issues with the Comstock vs Vox Populi stuff.

Thanks to PS+, I finally started Spec Ops The Line and finished it yesterday. PLAY THIS GAME. I loved the Heart of Darkness inspired story and the critique of gaming and shooters. The game is short and some may not like the gameplay so I recommend a playthrough on easy just to experience the story. The few choices you make in the game are handled better here than in most games. Story wise, easily one of the best games of last year. I feel like I should buy the game now to show my support.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• oh shit, didn't realize that Spec Ops was on PS +. Will be downloading that tonight. Thanks for the heads up man.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bout to get into Blood Dragon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          oh shit, didn't realize that Spec Ops was on PS +. Will be downloading that tonight. Thanks for the heads up man.
          Sorry, I don't think it's available anymore, I downloaded it last month.

Edit: Well, it's May now, so 2 months ago.
          Last edited by Fil; 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I dismissed a Far Cry game unil I saw what Blood Dragon was. MICHAEL BIEHN????????????
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm buying that shit as soon as I get this money I'm waiting on. Played the demo last night and hoooooo bwoooooyyyyy

also Dan Whitehead wrote a good review on it hurr and I trust him on games.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Yeah Blood Dragon is great, except the really dumb fucking winks and nods. Just let it be a super self serious 80s parody. The self referential stuff kills the mood.

And Martin, you ignored Far Cry 3? Poor choice. It's great. Probably the best game of last year, even with the god awful story.

Comment

• I'm not a HUGE fan of sandboxes, and everything made with the CryEngine, from the Crysis to Far Cry, always disappointed me. Maybe I could oncsider it at a discount, but I wanna finish Skyrim, want to get Tomb Raider, and I'm THIS close to finsihing Infinite.

I just met Mama Comstock for the second time at the bank. How long do I have?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Is there anyone who has 6.27 GBs free on their eggbox and who hasn't played Gears of War 1? I picked up Judgement today & it came with a free download code for the first game.
                      Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      I played it but I never finished it and I'm always down for some free. If that's what you're implying.
                      I kind of feel like Grave was teasing my gamer dick and left me with gamer blue balls.

Also MUST HAVE that Far Cry 80's shiznit
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I'm not a HUGE fan of sandboxes, and everything made with the CryEngine, from the Crysis to Far Cry, always disappointed me. Maybe I could oncsider it at a discount, but I wanna finish Skyrim, want to get Tomb Raider, and I'm THIS close to finsihing Infinite.

I just met Mama Comstock for the second time at the bank. How long do I have?

You're about 80 to 85% completed.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Good to know Troy. It's pretty linear, but so far the story and immersion are fantastic. And since the ending is apprently the shit, I look forward to it.

Comment

• Oops, nevermind.

How about that Gears Judgment, eh? Plays like a portable game on the big screen- bite-sized battles where you can play a couple and then easily put it down for a while.

Comment

• Tomb Raider is 50% off on Steam this weekend. BUY THAT MOTHAFUCKIN SHIT PEOPLE.

Also Far Cry Blood Dragon is so good. Last night I had a really goofy TMNT quest. I also upgraded to laser bullets for my rifle. And explosive rounds for my sniper rifle. My one complaint, gameplay wise (the wink and nod shit still sucks) is that it's so damn dark. I know they are playing with the post-nuclear wasteland world, but the world feels small because it's dark as hell and no big vistas to look out from.

Comment

• Blood Dragon will be had this weekend. It MUST happen.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X