Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Are there any Slott trades yet? I haven't picked up a Spidey book in years. Endorsements from you and Russ are promising.

Big Time is the first major Slott only TPB out. But, Slott has been helping out with Brand New Day almost since the launch of the stuff. His first really big solo issue was JJJ becoming Mayor of New York.

But, about Spider Island...the premise is built on Slott breaking apart JMS's bullshit about The Spider Totem. Basically, Slott says that everything happened and no retcons. So, he's going to examine what happens when other people become able to access the same stuff that makes Spidey what he is.

If you read the FCBD issue, the point of Shang-Chi training Spidey was the fact that Madame Web realized that Spidey would get beat like a bitch in a straight-up fight with someone on equal footing.

The only times that he beat people like Firelord and Juggernaut were because he caught them off-guard and that took hours to wear them down.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:56 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

My face when Slott had a hand in writing the Ren & Stimpy comics:

Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

My Spider-project keeps getting bigger and bigger. So, I'll open another thread.

That being said...write some erotic fanfic featuring Six-Armed Spidey.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post

That being said...write some erotic fanfic featuring Six-Armed Spidey.
Hmm... I have just the writer in mind!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
CSI

Lola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurtsLola is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Hmm... I have just the writer in mind!
That meaning you?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
That meaning you?
Well... I need my collaborator. :P
Old 05-24-2011, 12:20 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

What could've been...

Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Fuck you all...

*sigh*
Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Hey!

Cancer Boy is out of the wheelchair!?

GOOD FOR HIM
Old 05-26-2011, 09:25 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

neat
Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post

I didn't know this was unknown. I used to be a huge fan of Star Wars Tales. Naturally, they cancelled it.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I never read any Star Wars comics which is weird as I used to read every fucking SW book that was released.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM
My wife's son

Quote of the day | Tom Brevoort: DC is ‘the Charlie Sheen of comics’

Dohohohoho, oh you flame-bating master-blaster you.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Again, a double-edge business sword such as what Netflix is trying to pull off.

DC failing and getting hurt is NOT GOOD for Marvel. Licensing and Films won't be impacted, but it could start the slippery slope of killing off publishing.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
My wife's son

I really, really hope the relaunch does something big for the big two in terms of competition and interest.

It is hope, but it is one hell of a naïve hope.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
I really, really hope the relaunch does something big for the big two in terms of competition and interest.

It is hope, but it is one hell of a naive hope.

When Scott Lobdell controls an 1/8th of your entire line and the year isn't 1993....you're fucked.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:29 PM
My wife's son

I love it when creators talk shop, and even more, when they offer insight.

Chew bro doing it (though updates have ceased, it's still a fun example).

And somewhat related to the field. This guy is just flat-out awesome.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

So who's going to SDCC this week, and what are the over/unders for news, gossip, etc.? Think the supposed DC New 52 protest is going to do anything other than generate publicity for DC? How will Marvel counteract DC's plans? Anything to watch from Image, Dark Horse, Avatar, and others? New books to watch?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM
My wife's son

Well, here's one tidbit that has me interested in what the hell Grant will say come panel time:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu...up-110718.html
Old 07-18-2011, 02:29 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Read that earlier - the changes and story/character direction aren't stoking my interest at all. I understand why they're trying to do all this, but it's just not grabbing me, much as I like Grant and Perez' work.