Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > Brain Dead Radio

Brain Dead Radio The new show from Rob and Ceej. Tune in and turn off your brain.

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
HUZZAH! 5 83.33%
FUCK! 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 10:06 AM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I'm curious as to what Ceej will say this week. But honestly, for him to call Ken Foree's character ridiculous but not any of the characters in House is, well ridiculous.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm curious as to what Ceej will say this week. But honestly, for him to call Ken Foree's character ridiculous but not any of the characters in House is, well ridiculous.
Why?

Because of this exchange (swiped not from imdb, but a hip-hop forum, complete with spelling and grammar rape):

Quote:
charlie: jesus candy, you gotta figa out a way to hook em in...you gotta hustle that pussy! find a new angle and ya might attract a higher clientelle.

candy: yeah, well ive been thinkin about that right...i was thinkin about something spacey, you know like that starwars shit...you know them losers wanna fuck princess leia right?

clevon: he huh, ide fuck her!

candy: ah, thank you.

charlie: ah, i dont know you start messing with that spacey shit and you really bring out some sick bitches. they all wanna pretend their robots...and the last thing i need is horny robots running around tripping over shit.

clevon: eh, droids boss, they call em droids.

charlie: whaaateva, i still say its risky.
ETA: Had to highlight the best part of this cultural exchange.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

It made for some good banter between you two. I especially loved the predictions you both made for each other:

CJ on what Rob will say after watching House: Meh, it still sucks,

Rob on what CJ will say after watching Rejects: I feel asleep all week and forgot to watch it.

Gold my friends.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

But Granpa/Baby shit even Otis wasn't retardedly over the top in House? I'm not saying that Ken isn't over the top, but he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like Grampa does in House. If anything that chicken fucker does. But to me that just adds a bit of humor in a pretty humorless movie in my opinion. The sense of dread permeates Devil's, while the sense of "Goddamn this is one long fucking music video" permeates House.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
is confused as balls

And I don't think House sucks, I just think someone needed to rope Zombie in a bit.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Actually, the pimp and the whore house felt unnatural. That whole scene didn't have to be there. It threw the movie off base. I think Baby and other characters in House works because the movie was already all over the place.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
is confused as balls

See I'll agree to disagree. Like I said,I thought it allowed the film to breath a bit after the tense as shit hotel scenes. But I also dig on Ken Foree.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

The whorehouse scene isn't that big of a derail. Rejects is an explotation movie, it's clear from the get go. Therefore, it's not all surprising there would be such a scene.

Besides, they have Wydell wanting to kill a man after he said some shit about Elvis Aaron Presley.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
But Granpa/Baby shit even Otis wasn't retardedly over the top in House? I'm not saying that Ken isn't over the top, but he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like Grampa does in House. If anything that chicken fucker does. But to me that just adds a bit of humor in a pretty humorless movie in my opinion. The sense of dread permeates Devil's, while the sense of "Goddamn this is one long fucking music video" permeates House.
And at least the banter between Candy, Charlie Altamont, and Alopecia Man was coherent. When Dennis Fimple/Grandpa (RIP, Fimple) is telling his meth-addled Vaudeville joke, coherence had left the building and subsequently chartered a plane to a non-extridition country.

ETA: What Ed said. Exploitation is a pimp's game, so at least they got an awesome stunt cast into that whorehouse.

Also: Universal fucked Zed-Man over, not Lionsgate. LG allowed him the freedom to do Rejects. I know you were on the Double Dog/legit Moonshine kick at that point, so I'm just puttin' it out there.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-22-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
is confused as balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHocken View Post

Besides, they have Wydell wanting to kill a man after he said some shit about Elvis Aaron Presley.
The Shalit character was hilarious if only to get Wydell to go off like that.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
is confused as balls

Plus like I said on the cast is that Devil's actually makes me side with The Firefly gang, and the big reason for that is the whorehouse scene. And all of the characters in that movie are repulsive, but not annoying. That's the difference for me between House and Devil's.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
THE DREAM

Quote:
Plus like I said on the cast is that Devil's actually makes me side with The Firefly gang, and the big reason for that is the whorehouse scene. And all of the characters in that movie are repulsive, but not annoying. That's the difference for me between House and Devil's.
Word, sir. After they destroyed Banjo & Sullivan, I thought it would end how it ended with the Freebirdery and not much else to say (nothing new anyway), but Zombonerz took it a step further and allowed for a certain amount of empathy to shine through.

That took balls (that I'm sure he handed to Sherri Moon to keep in a jar, as I haven't seen their narrative daring on display since that time).
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
is confused as balls

Exactly. Which is why I've been so bummed with everything else he's put out. I really hope he didn't peak with Devil's as he could be a pretty great horror director.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Miyagi proud of Danielsan

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Word, sir. After they destroyed Banjo & Sullivan, I thought it would end how it ended with the Freebirdery and not much else to say (nothing new anyway), but Zombonerz took it a step further and allowed for a certain amount of empathy to shine through.

That took balls (that I'm sure he handed to Sherri Moon to keep in a jar, as I haven't seen their narrative daring on display since that time).
Quote:
Exactly. Which is why I've been so bummed with everything else he's put out. I really hope he didn't peak with Devil's as he could be a pretty great horror director.
These. Also I may be in the minority but I fucking loved the Freebirdery. To me it just adds another layer of sympathy for these characters that you absolutely should have no sympathy for.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM
is confused as balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Also: Universal fucked Zed-Man over, not Lionsgate. LG allowed him the freedom to do Rejects. I know you were on the Double Dog/legit Moonshine kick at that point, so I'm just puttin' it out there.

Dammit. I thought I had it right. Oh well.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Universal sabotaged Zombie on House, but that's no excuse for the self-sabotage the guy comitts now.

This guy could effectively be the George Lucas of horror.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
These. Also I may be in the minority but I fucking loved the Freebirdery. To me it just adds another layer of sympathy for these characters that you absolutely should have no sympathy for.
I'm there with you. As much as I rooted for the po-po to blast these guys into oblivion, there really is a twinge of sadness to the whole thing. It's weird.

House is such a steaming pile, though. Good lord.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 PM
is confused as balls

I concur.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHocken View Post
Plus, consider me seconding the idea of CJ as Picard.
And me. "WARM!" cracked me up.