Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Stop being a teasing bitch and do tell, Troy.

John C Reilly as a Nova? They REAAAAAALLY want to push it as a comedy, do they?

Spoiler: What I got 

John C. Reilly is being courted to play Rhomann Dey. The Nova before the Nova that we all know and love. He's more of a counterpart between Marvel Earth and the rest of the fucked up universe.

Groot's in it, but as a would-be invader that has to be persuaded to be good.

Michael Rooker's Yondu is more of an Emilio Largo to Thanos's Blofeld.

Lee Pace is either playing one of the three (my bet is on Captain Marvel): Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock or Starfox.

Rocket Raccoon seems to be pulling more from the old Mike Mignola mini series. Wal Russ has been confirmed to make it into the final draft.

For all intents and purposes, this is Space Avengers. Almost framed the exact same way.

Background on Rhomann Dey:
    Richard Rider, a student at the fictional Harry S. Truman High School in Hempstead, New York, is chosen at random by the alien Rhomann Dey, last surviving Nova Centurion of the planet Xandar's elite Nova Corps, to inherit his power and succeed him in the rank of Nova Prime following the destruction of his world by the intergalactic pirate Zorr. Having been mortally wounded in the battle that tore Xandar apart, Dey succeeds in tracking Zorr to Earth but is unable to defeat him due to the extent of his injuries. Near death, Dey chooses to transfer his power to an unsuspecting human on the planet below, praying that whomever he finds will take up his cause.<sup id="cite_ref-7" class="reference">[7]</sup>

Pretty much, he's Marvel's version of Abin Sur.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Wait:

Spoiler:  

Emilio Largo is a villain, so Yondu is villain in this? Wuh?
      So Groot is the Hulk in this? From bad guy to good guy?
      I hope it's Adam Warlock, but whatever

In James Gunn I trust. Thx Troy.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Wait:

Spoiler:  

Emilio Largo is a villain, so Yondu is villain in this? Wuh?
        So Groot is the Hulk in this? From bad guy to good guy?
        I hope it's Adam Warlock, but whatever

In James Gunn I trust. Thx Troy.

Spoiler: spoilers 
        Per my understanding, expect to see a fuckton of aliens in this. This is the Marvel Universe's intro to a galaxy that has been ignoring them for eons. That is until Thanos takes notice.

Yondu is a villain. Expect multiple lower tier villains.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• But

Spoiler:  

if I remember, Yondu isn't a villain! Bah, Rooker always work better as a bad guy!

Comment

• If I may...
              Spoiler: Gettin' my comic geek on... 

THIS Yondu might be a villain, but the original Yondu from the comics was a member of the first Guardians of the Galaxy team which came from the 30th(?) century (Martinex, Vance Astro, Nikki, Charlie-27). I'm taking it as same name, same species, different guy... sort of like 21st century me is a nice guy, while my 30th century namesake will likely be a complete prick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              If I may...
                Spoiler: Gettin' my comic geek on... 

THIS Yondu might be a villain, but the original Yondu from the comics was a member of the first Guardians of the Galaxy team which came from the 30th(?) century (Martinex, Vance Astro, Nikki, Charlie-27). I'm taking it as same name, same species, different guy... sort of like 21st century me is a nice guy, while my 30th century namesake will likely be a complete prick.
              Correct

Comment

• 'Scuse me while I reassemble the pieces of my exploded head.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EYlDbv7MqE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Nevermind that shit, here comes Drax!
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Drax only pawn... in game of life.

Comment

• Glenn Close as
                          Spoiler: spoiler 
                        the voice of Worldmind.

Comment

• Hmmm...never imagined it as anything but Mr.T when I read Annihilation.

Still pretty cool.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• After the Shield, I'd more more intimidated by Glenn Close than Mr. T.

Comment

• One day I'll watch that show.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

After the Shield, I'd more more intimidated by Glenn Close than Mr. T.
                                Close was fucking awesome in that.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X