No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schawarma.. is that the beef pile that looks like an upside down anal plug? I've heard it's good but never been to a place that has it.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Tried finding shawarma last night, couldn't find any places close. Our goal is to try it this weekend.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Schawarma.. is that the beef pile that looks like an upside down anal plug? I've heard it's good but never been to a place that has it.
        Yes, they shave off the beef/lamb/chicken and put it on amazing fucking flat bread. Most good places will have some kick ass sauces to put on it as well.

Comment

• I've seen it on a few food network shows and yeah it sounds/looks great. Have no idea where to find any.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Yes, they shave off the beef/lamb/chicken and put it on amazing fucking flat bread. Most good places will have some kick ass sauces to put on it as well.
            Does Ron Swanson know of this?
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

It's ethnic, so...no.

We've got a few places here that do it, but they dole out small portions.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So, it's essentially a gyro.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I've seen it on a few food network shows and yeah it sounds/looks great. Have no idea where to find any.
                  If you make your way to Houston proper any Persian cafe will have it. Best is Phoenicia on Westheimer.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Two episodes he said "there's a cone of meat next door. I don't know what it is, but I am going to eat it all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    So, it's essentially a gyro.
                    If you say that prepare for the 70 year old Iranian in the back to curse you, the Greeks, and possibly present a scimitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      So, it's essentially a gyro.
                      Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      If you say that prepare for the 70 year old Iranian in the back to curse you, the Greeks, and possibly present a scimitar.

INFIDEL!!!! Fatwah on you!

Watch, shwarma's are going to be the next big thing thanks to this flick. And watch as the extremists come out to counter, screaming "9/11", "Freedom Fries", etc.

Comment

• A pile of meat on pita bread. With sauce.

You say tomato...

Comment

• isn't more about how the meat is cooked? Like it's layered with onions and stuff?
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Falafel King is supposed to have it.

Comment

• In truth, I think I had it in the 90s. We went to a place and I THOUGHT I ordered a gyro. I watched them carve a ton of meat off of a swirling spit, pile it on my plate any high, and give me pita bread. I always thought it was some goofy way to serve a gyro...maybe it was shawarma instead.

Comment

• Aaaaaand another thread that has turned into sandwich talk.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X