STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Rey is more like a samurai: everything is controlled and elegant.
    Did you mean Luke here? Rey is like a 12 year old playing with a toy samurai. Swung it around for fun, but no real training.

Comment

• Dumb shit almost killed one of those gremlin nuns.

Who would have cleaned up Luke's titty milk spills then?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• SO MUCH TITTY MILK
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Luuke only drinks the finest space walrus bress mewks.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want an extended universe story about the caretakers and their daily ritual of rubbing ointments and oils on the nipples of the space walruses.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That is the EU we need.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jen and I got back from watching this a couple of hours ago...

Spoiler: Arrr! Here there be SPOILERS!!!! ARRR!!!!! 

We enjoyed it - it was a worthy entry to the series, but I do get some of the hue and cry from the fans. For example, per fan expectations, Luke was far from how he was/should have been from the end of Return of the Jedi to now - I wanted to see him become a badass Jedi master (which he kind of was towards the end of the flick) and open up a can of whoopass on the First Order. However, after 30+ years and his failure with Ren, I can see how that would've absolutely broken him to the point of him leaving everyone behind and going into exile.

I liked the Canto Bight stuff, and wanted to get into DJ/Benicio Del Toro's backstory, but that kind of fell flat (I was half expecting him to pull yet another switch and help Finn and Rose escape, but... nope! Brother got paid, fuck all y'all!). Such a waste of potential. Still, Canto Bight opens up some possibilities for future spin-off stuff (Star Wars heist movie, ala Ocean's 11, anyone?)

Re: Sword stuff - Rey's technique needs some work, and totally agree with Ren's use of his saber as a broadsword. Luke, definitely had the samurai shit down cold. His showdown with Ren was akin to anything Kurosawa would've made.

Phasma was wasted in this. Gwendoline Christie deserved better. Totally get the comparisons between her and Boba Fett - cool looking characters, but lacking in any sort of characterization.

Nice seeing Poe get taken down a peg or two - hopefully it'll lead to more character development for Episode IX. Yeah, he's a good guy and hotshot pilot, but dude was making some doofy mistakes here. And how cool was Laura Dern's Admiral Holdo? Warping a ship into Snoke's triangle o'doom and the resulting boom was pretty slick, though it means we won't be seeing her in the next film. Pity.

Like Bill, I got a bit of a lump in my throat when Luke became one with the force after dueling Kylo Ren - the double sunset was beautifully done. Still, since we got Yoda being a pretty active Force Ghost, I'm fully expecting Luke to be back to advise Rey and annoy Ren in the next installment.

The modern political allegory of Ren as the new Supreme Leader hues pretty close to home with our current presidential administration. Both freakin' crybabies whose administrations are cluster fucks from the get go. Hux best have an exit strategy ready, 'cause I ain't seeing him lasting through the next episode with Kylo Krankypants at the helm.

You just know Ari and Rob are gonna pester Hasbro to make a space walrus (Wookiepedia calls 'em Thala-sirens) with real teat squeezing green milk action! They'll both buy two - one to open, one to keep MIB.

More to follow - specifically the Rey-Ren stuff, but I'm still processing.

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I really like this movie. The good stuff really overwhelms the bad. I think it just really caught me off guard because it's not at all what I was expecting. I need to see it again.

Comment

• Wow.

Spoiler: spoils 
                    When Ren used the force the spin the lightsaber and stab Snoke, I was thinking "can't be! dude is going to be so strong he'll survive that and fight them both off still!" Then when Ren cut him clean in half.. my mouth hit the fucking ground and stayed there for the whole fight with the imperial guards. Which was the sickest shit since the Maul/Qui Gon/Obi Wan fight. Even with all that said, the Yoda cameo might have been my favorite part of the whole thing. Really nailed the ESB Yoda and not the ridiculous cartoon prequel bullshit. Probably helped that we watched the Yoda "Seagulls (stop it now)" song like 3 times the day before seeing this haha
                    Last edited by Trejo; 12-18-2017, 12:03 PM.
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The condescension towards those with a differing opinion (pro or anti-The Last Jedi) is Goddamn unbearable. Thankfully not here.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• People keep talking about that, and I just haven't seen it. Guess it's good I am off work and mostly off the internet.

Comment

• Film Twitter's latest thing is rewriting history on Empire's initial reception (in order to prop up The Last Jedi and in effect their boy Johnson). Who cares that it's a bullshit narrative?

Cut to in six months to a year, they'll claim they never really liked The Last Jedi and admit how much it retreads Empire's territory. These fuckers need to die.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Social media was a mistake.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• DInG DING DING

Comment

• That's a bingo.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X