Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
    Zero Derp Thirty. Decent movie! Kinda funky pacing, way more of a procedural than I anticipated, but Chastain was great and the actual raid itself was pretty riveting.

The raid is what keeps drawing my attention back. There's something about how it was staged that still doesn't play right in my mind's eye.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• How is Chris Pratt in it?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Pretty brief role. Still not bad, but it's hard to not laugh at him when he shows up because you keep thinking "Bert Macklin, Navy SEAL". Duplass is alright in his brief turn in it too. Chastain's the real gold here and Edgerton is solid too.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Bloodsport

Aaaahhh.... a classic Van Damme. The original. Gotta love how they really tried going for the classic world tournament. They really push all the stereotypes. The german aristocrat, the dirty fat American, the fat Sumo, etc...

Also, why is the black guy not only fighting monkey style, but also have behave like one?

Still the goods despite huge flaws. The Quest REALLY tried to beat it, to no avail. They needed more Donald Gibbs. And Chong li.

CHONG LI!
          CHONG LI!
          CHONG LI!

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• BOLO
            YOLO
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• My niece is spending the day with me while my sister xmas shops. So what did my niece pick out to watch? Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Comment

• *Nods in approval*

Show her Monster Squad while you're at it.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  *Nods in approval*

Show her Monster Squad while you're at it.
                  I need to buy it. Maybe I can snag it at Best Buy for a last minute xmas gift tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Jack Reacher

With only End of Watch and Django yet to be seen... this is arguably my favourite film of 2012. Not the best, per se, but my favourite.

As lean and muscular as it's lead, there's simply no fat on this thing. Any time you think you're watching a bullshit, extraneous scene, five minutes later it gets twisted and folded into the main narrative. Cruise is the man in this. I've never read any of the Lee Child books (fun fact: the author came up with his pseudonym at the entrance to my parents' local Asda store) and I get, based on the physical description, how the books' fans could be pissed off with his casting. But he nails the balls to the wall attitude and even when surrounded by younger, fitter guys, you never question that he could pwn each and every one of them - and he does. Frequently. And I have to say, Rosamund Pike was a nice choice for the female lead. I don't know where her cleavage has suddenly come from, but it should have got a supporting credit of its own. She didn't annoy me as these types of role often can and she has a couple of really nice scenes all to herself.

But, even with Cruise on producer duties, this is McQuarrie's film. As propulsive as the pacing is, he takes his time letting the narrative unfold. We know from the opening scene what it takes the lead characters half the film to figure out, allowing him to make them finding out all the more believable. The script is peppered with tough, juicy dialogue and the set-pieces push the boundary of a 12 certificate further than I've ever seen. The BBFC apparently cut a few seconds to give the studio the certificate they wanted, but make no mistake - this is an adult movie, brutal and unrelenting, without being gratuitous.

The film as a whole just did not put a foot wrong, with the minor exception of a blow to the head that would have likely killed Reacher, but just stuns him for a few seconds. That's a minor quibble though. Funny, smart and packed with enough testosterone to make me question my gender, this is genre filmmaking of the highest order in my opinion. If Cruise is smart, he'll close out the Mission: Impossible series with one final entry and make this his go-to franchise. He looks remarkable for a man in his fifties, but his days of jumping off high buildings are coming to an end. I'd buy him knocking punks into the hospital for another ten years, based on this evidence and a few lines on his face will only add gravitas to the character.

Roll on Django.
                    We saw JACK REACHER today. I have to pretty much echo everything that Ben said: it's the good. It's pretty much the best film of this 'type' that I've seen in years. Excellent action, a smart script that never goes too cute, and better-than-necessary acting from everyone involved. My wife and I had an absolute blast with this.

Highly recommended.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Apparition. Bad. Really, really, really bad. Stay the fuck away.

REsident Evil The Newest One Can't Remember It's Name. Bad. Really, really, really bad. Check it out for fun. It went full retard and was actually entertaining.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• plus Kevin Durant is motherfucking BARRY "YOU WERE ALMOST A JILL SANDWICH" BURTON.

Comment

• The Amazing Spider-Man. It's better than the other three. Yeah, I said it. DON'TGIVEAFUCKNEITHER
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I also thought it had the best Stan Lee cameo to date. Also Emma Stone > Kirsten Dunst
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                The Amazing Spider-Man. It's better than the other three. Yeah, I said it. DON'TGIVEAFUCKNEITHER

haha. It's definitely not as rancid as the internet makes it out to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X