Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He acted like Bokeem Woodbine wanting some Italian vagina in The Sopranos.

Comment

• Adaptation.

Still my favorite Kaufmanian film. I identify much more with the self-loathing, flop-sweat generating loser type than his other protagonists.

I have yet to see Synechdoche, NY. If only I hadn't tuned into the Independent Spirit Awards when it swept up that year to hear him spout pretentious horseshit, I'd have been more open to viewing it at the time. I think I'm finally in the right sort of headspace to do so where even if it is pretentious horseshit, there will be some universal truth within that nugget of compost.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        He acted like Bokeem Woodbine wanting some Italian vagina in The Sopranos.
        Respect.

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
          YOU SHOW BOKEEM WOODBINE SOME GODDAMN RESPECT.
          He doesn't even respect himself.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THAT.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              I have yet to see Synechdoche, NY. If only I hadn't tuned into the Independent Spirit Awards when it swept up that year to hear him spout pretentious horseshit, I'd have been more open to viewing it at the time. I think I'm finally in the right sort of headspace to do so where even if it is pretentious horseshit, there will be some universal truth within that nugget of compost.
              Its well worth a watch. I'm not convinced it quite 'works' the way Malkovich does, but the scope and wealth of ideas are incredible, as is the cast.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Finally getting around to watching Captain America. Pretty darn good...and the eye candy is quite nice as well.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• A gay guy at work I chat movies with sometimes said, 'Is it weird that I found him sexier when he was skinny?'

Yes, yes it is.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• ahhahaha.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      Adaptation.

Still my favorite Kaufmanian film. I identify much more with the self-loathing, flop-sweat generating loser type than his other protagonists.
                      Such a great show. Without doubt one of my favourite "serious" Cage performances.

The Couch Trip

This was a strange discovery for me. I'd never even heard of it until it popped up in a "Wacky Movies from the '80's" list on Netflix. I had a lot of fun with it. Not every one-liner crackles the way it's meant to, but they come with such frequency that it doesn't really matter -- it's the Airplane! principle, just not handled with the same skill.

Dananananaykroyd brought considerable charm to the lead role, obviously enjoying himself immensely during his usurping cad's rise to radio fame, and later infamy. Charles Grodin and David Clennon (the 80's, man, when character actors were character actors!) both delivered the goods, while Walter Matthau worked well playing off the aforementioned Ghost-buster.

A 5.4 overall rating on IMDb seems a tad harsh for a film that, while no Dead Heat, delivered more than enough offbeat yucks to warrant a passing grade.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Pretty sure you can't say fuck on the radio. Pretty funny movie as i recall.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watching them clamor to see how many expletives they could pass off as acceptable was brilliant. I liked the absurd lines even more, though. Like when the assistant chick is talking to Aykroyd by the pool.

"The ducks belong to the hotel."
                          "Are they dangerous?"
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Chronicle. Dug it. Where Wallace At indeed... Main guy reminded me of retared DiCaprio "ARNIE GO HIGHER" Really dug it, but....
                              Spoiler: ending spoiluerz 
                            didn't give a shit about Matt, and kept hoping we'd see a quick shot of Andrew moving at the end or something because I dug him
                            but definitely what the live action Akira fight should be like.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Adam was a titanic asshat.

Steve was the Bro of Bros.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• John Carter not of County General Hospital....I feel for Matt now. This was not a bad flick but holy shit the terrible marketing. I think my kids will dig it so I'll rewatch with them to nitpick this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X