PodCaust Episode 39: Into the forum, into the fray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But I still stand by my answer that for the flying car and invisibility it would be worth it. Plus Brian Dennehy could autograph the double dildo.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Well you have fun there but boy.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
          Well you have fun there but boy.

Finish the sentence!!!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Finish the sentence!!!! :P
            Butt Boy then. You. Butt Boy!!!

Comment

Oh come on. Like you wouldn't do that for the only flying car in existence. And the power to go invisible? No contest. You could be a fucking billionaire and it would be a funny drunk story...

"Did I ever tell you just how I got this flying car? No? Well....."

Comment

Only if the seats in the car were fine Corinthian leather.

Comment

Haha. Nice.

Comment

Fear & Loathing was a flawed movie, but I can't imagine it being done any better. Love it. Esp. the Criterion edition.

Comment

The Crit edition for the win. I honestly don't think they can do another one. Unless it's with Depp and Gilliam.

Comment

Where the buffalo roam!!! Awesome. Bill Murray almost has HST better than Depp at times. "Nixon!"

Comment

I know my shit man. That movie is one that hardly anyone I know has seen. It's great.

Comment

I own it!

Comment

John Carpenter's The Thing wasn't actually a remake of the 50's sci-fi movie. It was essentially a more faithful re-adaptation of the short story "Who Goes there?", with a tribute here and there to the earlier film. So in effect, it's not as much based on the previous movie(like most remakes are); it is a re-adaptation of the original story.

Completely agree with the In the Mouth of Madness pick... but Halloween is an overrated piece of shit! Favorite? ...Sure, I won't disagree with that. But BEST? ...No fucking way. Michael Myers sucks and Jaime Lee Curtis is a horse faced hermaphrodite. The only good thing about Halloween is the opening 1st person perspective boobies and kill, and Donald Pleasance's overacting.

The BEST John Carpenter movie with Kurt Russell:
                              The Thing
                              The BEST John Carpenter movie without Kurt Russell:
                              In the Mouth of Madness

My favorite John Carpenter movie with Kurt Russell:
                              Big Trouble in Little China
                              My favorite John Carpenter movie without Kurt Russell:
                              They Live!

Comment

Fine, re-adaptation. I should have chose my words more carefully. It's just like The Fly in that regards.

Dude, Halloween is pretty amazing still, in my opinion. Not as visceral as some other flicks, but for the time and in regards to the movies that came after it: Fucking awesome. Plus the sense of dread permeating throughout that flick is the greatness.

And They Live is a great piece of cinema. No complaints there.

Comment

Working...
                                X