Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you. Glad someone got it. I wasn't sure it'd get the point across.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Seemed appropriate...

Comment

• Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker) passed away. Remember watching her all the time on "All in the Family". When that show first premiered so long ago, people compared Edith & Archie to my maternal grandparents. Pop was like Archie and my grandmom was like Edith.
        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• GTFO. I thought she was long dead. Also, I heard Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) died this AM. Probably one of the oldest current senators. Been around FOREVER.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
            Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker) passed away. Remember watching her all the time on "All in the Family". When that show first premiered so long ago, people compared Edith & Archie to my maternal grandparents. Pop was like Archie and my grandmom was like Edith.
            Loved that show, and she deserved every accolade that she got.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Heard about Sen. Lautenberg this morning at work. It was mentioned between 2 songs on a local radio station. One of the other stations had a nickname for Sen. Lautenberg of "Granny Lautenberg" 'cause of his age.

So, now just waiting on the appointment of his replacement.

Comment

• . . . which will be made by Governor Christie. *Shudder*

Comment

• Actually, no. Christie called for a Special Election for the seat. It was announced earlier this afternoon.

Comment

• Iain Banks has gone, aged 59.

Bizarrely, this reported on the same day that I found out my oldest direct relative has also died, at home in bed. Not too shabby.

RIP Iain M Banks and GAM.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Banks is gone?

Currently reading Consider Phlebas....

One of the greats of our time, sci-fi-wise....

Sorry for your loss Ben...
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Thanks Martin.

Love Consider Phlebas. That and Use of Weapons are my 2 favourites of his Culture novels, for different reasons.

His thoughts on his own demise are typically dark-witted and pragmatic.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Deepest condolences, Ben.

Comment

• Indeed. You appear to be maintaining the stiff upper lip well, as befits an Englishman.

Comment

• My sympathies to you and yours, Ben.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• sorry Ben. My condolences.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X