Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Pussy Riot: Punk Rock Prayer on HBO last night. Those little mousey Russian girls are fucking cold blooded gangsters. They don't give a fuck about going to jail, they just want to talk massive shit on Putin and move other people to revolt. Good shit. Russians are terrifying.

Comment

• Sounds nice.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Cheshire Murders

Comment

• I want to see this. Buffalo Girls.

About child muay thai boxing....
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh Rob wants to see a documentary about poor SE Asian girls that can barely afford clothing.

COLOR ME SHOCKED I SAY SHOCKED

Comment

• I can't even fathom what they go through, hence me wanting to watch the documentary. Also I just really want a good sequel to Bloodsport.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• http://youtu.be/Qn97UF_kfYo

http://www.reelz.com/smokinggun/
                http://www.jfkthesmokinggun.com/

Anyone else catch this over the weekend. It presented some pretty compelling info that I hadn't heard of before. Highly recommend if you subscribe to Reels or can torrent it.

Comment

• Évocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie

Really interesting look at Morton. Recommend it. It's on instant.

Comment

• I've been watching THE STORY OF FILM: AN ODYSSEY on TCM for the past couple of months (they do an episode a week). I just found out that it's supposedly available on Netflix streaming service. It's definitely worth checking out.

The narrator's Irish accent takes some getting used to, but he's very good overall.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Is that the Mark Cousins one? Heard it's really excellent, if so.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I've been watching THE STORY OF FILM: AN ODYSSEY on TCM for the past couple of months (they do an episode a week). I just found out that it's supposedly available on Netflix streaming service. It's definitely worth checking out.

The narrator's Irish accent takes some getting used to, but he's very good overall.
                        The intent and focus is good. However, he makes silly mistakes throughout the documentary.

It's not something I would recommend to newbies, as you need a sense of proper film history to challenge some of the questionable turns that Story of Film takes.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It's been a while. Gladiator Days.

Comment

• Blackfish.

Watch it. Enjoy. Makes a great double feature with Free Willy.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've yet to hear anyone say a bad thing about that one. It's in the queue but I haven't watched it yet. I'm not sure if it will make me mad or sad or both.

Comment

Working...
                              X