No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had been hearing rumblings and I see Phil at BMD pulled the trigger.

The Broccolis are seriously talking about pulling a Lucas - selling off the Bond rights and calling it a day. After this next film for 2019. And while a lot of big-wig studios want it badly, know who wants it the worst? You guessed it. Warner Brothers.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Word is Bright is another do-do grenade from Max Landis.
      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• He'll continue his career ascent via failure.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Kinda fascinating to see the Terminator filmmakers refuse to listen to audiences saying, "ENOUGH!" and insisting on yet another one. As if Cameron slapping his name on it will mean anything in lieu of his "endorsement" of Genisys.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I still like parts of Genisys.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• so do I, Rob. It's too bad that those 'good' moments weren't in service of a better movie.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Me too, and there are things about Salvation I like. And Terminator 3? That works by and large, save for the villain.

But I don't see what else they can say or do at this juncture. Based on the comments so far, my guess is Arnold plays a human and John Connor is dead when it starts.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys found interesting or enjoyable about Genisys?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not Arnold. He didn't work. At all.

In fact, Genisys took the wrong lesson from Salvation's failure by over-relying on his presence when, in fact, he is too old for this.

They were wise with Salvation to try and steer away from Arnold (where T3 successfully steered away from Cameron). Get someone else to be the "face" of the series, and Bale was perfectly fine as Connor. The execution was sloppy as fuck - partially because McG blew it and partially because it was a strike shoot.
                    Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 09-27-2017, 04:38 PM.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• He was already too far gone in the third installment to really matter. He was a parody at that point.

I think that was one of the strongest things going for Salvation in moving past him...and then they just had to fucking mocap him.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What I liked:
                        - I liked the idea of old Terminator vs young (original) Terminator, and the concept of revisiting the original film in that manner struck me as being pretty clever. It was also executed well enough for me to be a decent bit of science fiction.
                        - God help me, I like Jai in this. I normally find him bland as hell but he worked for me in this film. I can't say the same about Emilia.
                        - JK Simmons was good. I liked the character and hoped that he'd have more to do.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Simmons was the MVP of Genisys, and yeah Courtney was fine.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I can see the appeal of the aforementioned aspects, especially Simmons.

The rest just left a rather bitter aftertaste to me.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Genisys' biggest sin was worshiping T2 at the alter. Ironic given how it wiped it from continuity. That and all the callbacks, all the fan-service bullshit. And as mentioned before Arnold in general.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...edium=referral
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X