Geek things you don't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek things you don't get

I'll start (and this is a big one). Watchmen. Never read the comic (I was a Marvel guy). They hype kept me from the movie theaters when it came out. Bought it yesterday and STILL don't get it. Not bad but not the 2nd coming of Christ either. Also, sooooo long. I have no trouble with the LOTR EE, but had to take a break at the 2 hour mark.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

- Lack of hygiene.
    - Lack of social skills.
    - Being misogynistic/homophobic/racist.
    - Sci-fi shows with motherfucking Muppets in them.
    - Raging out at other properties that are more popular than the ones you like.
    - Looking like a land buffalo or a distant cousin of the mosquito.

Get it together, geeks, you're making those of us who shower, exercise, and have a modicum of sanity and respect for other people look bad!
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

- Sci-fi shows with motherfucking Muppets in them.
      !
      THIS. SO MUCH THIS
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Dr. Who

Sorry Ed. Just don't get it AT ALL.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Dr. Who

Sorry Ed. Just don't get it AT ALL.
          Fine, but then I get to say I couldn't get into Supernatural nor Buffy the Vampire Slayer or anything Wheedon related.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Only Whedon thing I like is Firefly. Buffy and Angel and all that shit can fuck right off.

But seriously, what episode should I watch that would really be the "If you don't like this, you'll never like it"?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
              Fine, but then I get to say I couldn't get into Supernatural nor Buffy the Vampire Slayer or anything Wheedon related.
              Seriously Ed? You're dead to me.
              Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Only Whedon thing I like is Firefly. Buffy and Angel and all that shit can fuck right off.

But seriously, what episode should I watch that would really be the "If you don't like this, you'll never like it"?
              You know I felt the same way, then I got married and got roped into all of the Buffy/Angel shit. There were times I was like WTF? But in the end I was glad I had watched them as the endings to both were nice. Angel's ending was really good/great.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Geek things you couldn't into: being a geek and the associated/required allegience. I like what I like and fuck off.

The internet has brought some like-minded people together but that doesn't mean we have to tow a party line. Variety is ze spice of life. Or, were you expecting ze Germans?

Remember I'm the old man of the board(or was). Where's my Geritol? Good program on History channel...........ooooohhhh how about the weather channel.......someone.... get the paddles........
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I hope I'm not the old man of the boards. What a title to own.

Surprised at the lack of Whedon love from Ed. Even if you don't like the series as a whole, there are plenty of great well-written episodes. Hush is a personal favorite.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Let me clarify, I just couldn't get into Wheedon. There's something about that guy and his stuff that doesn't lure me in.

Comment

Ed, give me one episode of Dr. Who that will show me what I'm missing. I'm game.

Comment

Don't do it Rob! The show is completely incomprehensible.

Comment

Well at the moment I'm watching Freddy's Dead, so it's not like have I great taste haha.

Comment

Give me some time for this one.

-Edit-

I'd say Silence in the library/Forest of the Dead, Blink or Human Nature/The Family of Blood. That last suggestion is more connected into the Doctor Who mythos. But those are amazing episodes. Especially Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

All of those are from the revived series. It'll be more difficult to suggest something from the old series.
                            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-26-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Season?

Comment

Working...
                              X