Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 10: You're going to Hollywood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only given 2 Trek shows a watch past season 1: the OS and TNG. But I have seen at least the pilots of the other 3 shows.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Deep Space Nine's pilot isn't as bad as some of the misc. episodes from the first season, but it still doesn't come close to hinting at the brilliance to come. I enjoyed Voyager, while it was still running. The earlier years, mostly. I'm well aware that it's not great.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Voyager was Trek attempting to take one of the best traits from TOS (new frontier) and mash it with one of the best traits from TNG (captains as diplomats). A great effort that failed due to 1. writing and 2. cast. Only 2 characters from Voyager were well-cast. The Doctor and Janeway. The rest? Man. Better actors could have elevated the writing and made a decent series.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• You're bang-on about the writing, Howard. I always enjoyed Robert Duncan McNeill's Tom Paris.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• He's the best of the rest but he became markedly less interesting after he and B'ellana hooked up. Plus they did one too many of those Captain Proton story lines.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I didn't stick around long enough to see them scrape the Captain Proton barrel. A swift exit was made, once the egregious Borg abuse commenced. What I did see of that later Paris/Torres stuff made me concur, though. At least McNeill wasn't Chakotay-bad, eh? That guy... ugh.

Comment

• So I was thinking that you guys drank a little bit too much and weren't handling it too well. Then today I listened to the latest 4 Guys, 1 Up podcast and, holy crap, you guys are just fine. They were drinking and there was some dude (I don't know who) who couldn't hold his liquor very well. I half expected him to barf on tape. Yikes.

Comment

• HAha. Well this was the first time Ceej drank during an episode since forever. If the drinking starts affecting the shows in negative ways, please let us know. I have other means of having fun during a show.

I'M WALKING ON SUNSHINE
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It'd better involve wiffleball bats and PCP.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                    X