Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

I'm a huge fan of documentaries. Especially those dealing with my favorite and not so favorite flicks and interests.

A few of my favorites would have to be:

Crumb: I <3 this one the most. His family and social life is so fucking interesting to watch.

King of Kong: EPIC. The struggles between 2 men vying for the high score in Donkey Kong was one of the best movies of last year.

Trekkies: I used to be a "trekkie" back in my junior high days. I had a costume and everything. But these people take it to a whole new level of awesomeness.

The Beginning: The documentary on the Phantom Menace dvd. You get to watch George make every mistake that ended up making that movie kinda horrible. Although I love the excitement that Ewan has. He soon loses it.

The Snowball Effect: The documentary on the Clerks 10th anniversary set. Watched this last night. Totally entertaining and interesting to see how he went from nothing to indie darling.

Word Wars: Go behind the scenes of Scrabble tournaments. I really dug this one for some reason. Some of these people are crazy.

I'll list more as I think of them.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Great thread, as I'll definitely second the King of Kong. I'll mention Darkon too, since I found it pretty interesting as I had no clue people did such things.

Trekkies was greatness.

The Bridge was also insightful, but watching people commit suicide for 2 hours kinda brings you down.

Murderball. Fuckin' greatness. Now those are some real athletes.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Fuck, how could I forget about Murderball?!?! That one is awesomely inspiring.

And I'll second The Bridge.

Also, would Planet Earth count? Cause I fucking love that shit.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Planet Earth was just gorgeous and informative as hell. Epic doc making at it's best.

Comment

Shit, the epic doc on the The Thing dvd is awesome. Don't remember what it's called, but holy hell is it good.

Comment

I'd like to add Incident at Loch Ness here. I know it's a mockumentary, but it is so great it deserves to be mentioned.

Comment

grizzly man: holy crap this movie is fucking hilarious. it follows an extremely flamboyant man, who's in love with bears, and his girlfriend through their journeys on capturing amazing shots of bears and their ultimate demise. "oh my gosh! the bear, miss chocolate, has left me her poop! it's her crap! it was just in her butt and it's still warm! this is a gift from miss chocolate!" ahahahahaha. there's also another quote in my sig from that documentary.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Wait, Grizzly Man is fucking sad as hell guy. That guy was not all there (of course, who would want to live with bears?!), and then the poor bastard and his woman get eaten. I didn't find it funny in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Wait, Grizzly Man is fucking sad as hell guy. That guy was not all there (of course, who would want to live with bears?!), and then the poor bastard and his woman get eaten. I didn't find it funny in the slightest.
                  well that's the worst part but its hilarious just watching him. the guy was insane for bears. sorry, but i just can't empathize for someone that's so in love with bears that they'd follow them and get themselves killed, especially when he knew he wasn't a professional.

Comment

Expedotion Alaska... if you like planet eart you will like this. Really cool polar bear shot's and iceberg shot's, coming to bluray I think in October.

King of Kong will be playing on G4 next Friday... I have it set to tivo.

Super size me.... loved it, new 30 day's season starts tonight.
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

monster quest on the history channel is freakin' awesome. they go around the world and "scientifically" research documented cryptozoology creatures. one episode, "giant squid found" documented a giant squid that was estimated to be at least 30 feet long and have stated that if it were architeuthis, it would be 60 feet long. insane!

Comment

Style Wars...graf movie from the 80's fucking incredible one of my favorite movies period.

Blue Planet? I think this was the name of the series on the Discovery channel. I'm more of a ocean person, so this really appealed to me.

An Inconvenient Truth...I'm so cereal about this. I did enjoy this, I saw the presentation live by one of Gore's chosen few. It really makes you think about mama earth.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Bah, it's Man-Bear-Pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brother View Post
                            An Inconvenient Truth...I'm so cereal about this. I did enjoy this, I saw the presentation live by one of Gore's chosen few. It really makes you think about mama earth.
                            I concur, I also have this and enjoyed it. I have mixed filling's about certain global warming effects but agree that something is happening.
                            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Cocaine Cowboy's ~ just watched this last night on HBO, great doc about coke smuggling during the 70's and 80's in Miami. Interviewed this guy who imported tons a week and was making an easy million a week! Interviews with drug lords and hit men and corrupt cops!

Comment

Working...
                              X