PS4 or X-Box One???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 or X-Box One???

Ok, so I'm starting to think I may buy a new system in the next few months, and I just don't know which one to go with. I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now, but I was almost all X-box 360 before. Give me some suggestions or just buy me a system so I'm stuck with whatever you get me. Either works, but I'd prefer the latter.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Favorite Franchises?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Call of Duty, but that's on either system so that one is no biggie.

Loved Uncharted, and really wanted to play Last of Us. Loved Halo, and GTA too. Honestly, I have been paying so little attention to what's on the horizon that if one of the systems has a killer exclusive coming up, I'd have no clue about it.

Comment

I was the most Pro-Xbox guy around last gen. Owned both but the PS4 was exclusively a Bluray/Uncharted player and little else. Went PS4 this gen due to the higher specs, more games running 1080p/60fps, Project Morpheus (need that VR), and I can't miss the next Uncharted. Very happy thus far. Sure, the updates haven't been coming as fast as they do on Xbone, but if you're looking for the best system to play games on and not which one has mp3 support or a reddit app quicker, then PS4 is the way to go.

That said, console choice should really boil down to which system has the exclusives you want to play, and which system do your friends have (if multiplayer is a concern). I was the first to adopt next-gen of my friends so they are all following suit and going PS4. If your friends are already on xbone it's worth giving that system a harder look.
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

So far I love my PS4. The controller is legit, the games that are cross platform run better, PS + is a nice feature. Naughty Dog is gonna break my face with Uncharted.

But I'm grabbing a xbone next week and will hopefully be able to weigh in on that. Lesley needs her Tomb Raider fix next year and I need my Halo fix.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Trejo, I'm totally with you on using my PS3 just for Blus and Uncharted. And most of my friends aren't really playing much right now.

Comment

if you have PS3, I hope you have PS+. SO MANY FREE GAMES

Comment

then you also get free games for PS4

WIN WIN

Comment

I don't have PS+ right now, but I'd sure as hell get it if I bought a PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Honestly, I have been paying so little attention to what's on the horizon that if one of the systems has a killer exclusive coming up, I'd have no clue about it.
                    Bloodborne, Hotline Miami 2, LittleBigPlanet 3, No Man's Sky, Rime, the Order, Uncharted 4 and Until Dawn are PS4 exclusives that I'm really interested in so far.

Xbone has the usual Forza/Halo/Gears of War exclusives plus stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, and Tomb Raider.. which was a big win. That's since been confirmed to only be a timed exclusive though so crossing my fingers to see PS4 release some time after. Tomb Raider is the only one that really pains me right now, but it's not worth the $400 for another console, for me.

I guess another thing to bear in mind is a lot of Xbone exlusives also make their way to PC, so if you're a PC gamer you can play Dead Rising 3/Titanfall/Ryse etc. Personally I'd rather play all those on a console but the #pcmasterrace would beg to differ
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Those xbone ports so far have been riddled with bugs and sometimes are entirely unplayable.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

yeah, the PC stuff is terrible.

Comment

Why don't you guys just buy me one of each and I'll settle this. :-D

I just want to play Mordor at it's most awesomeist.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I have both and was pro-eggbox last gen. If I was to get only one system this gen, so far that system would be the ps4.

Comment

They're even for me at this point. I'm getting COD on Xbox. I just feel like that controller is still better equipped for FPS after playing Titanfall on Xbone and Destiny on PS4. Just go with which franchises are more important.

Comment

Working...
                              X