No announcement yet.

Oscar Shit 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Gravity doesn't get effects, the whole thing is a sham. Honestly, there's not too many picks this year that would piss me off.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

But the whole thing IS a sham.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've only seen two of the movies on that list. That's terrible.

Comment

I hope one of them was Gravity in 3d.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It was.* The other was Iron Man 3 at my house.

*I will buy the Rob-o-vision blu-ray even though I don't have a 3d tv just on the slim chance I do have one someday. The 3d was so good.

Comment

12 Years a Slave
              Matthew McConaughey
              Cate Blanchett
              Jared Leto
              Jennifer Lawrence
              Martin Scorsese
              Spike Jonze
              John Ridley
              The Croods
              The Hunt
              Gravity
              Gravity
              The Great Gatsby
              American Hutsle
              Bad Grandpa
              Her
              Her
              The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
              Lone Survivor
              Gravity
              The Act of Killing

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                But the whole thing IS a sham.
                Fair point.

With the exception of the Laura Mvula/Tinie Tempah opening, the BAFTAS did an excellent job this year. Unless Nyong'o gets the Oscar, I can't see the US Academy doing a better job.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Annoyed by the "McConaughey should win because he's cared for 2-3 years" narrative. By that logic, DiCaprio should have won years ago. Dude has been delivering the goods (even if the film itself sucks) since the double whammy of Catch Me If You Can and Gangs of New York in December '02. And Wolf of Wall Street is his career best work.

Let's face it. In another 5 years, McConaughey will be back slumming it in shit for big paychecks while DiCaprio is still kicking ass.
                  Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-22-2014, 06:41 PM.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Fair point.

With the exception of the Laura Mvula/Tinie Tempah opening, the BAFTAS did an excellent job this year. Unless Nyong'o gets the Oscar, I can't see the US Academy doing a better job.

If the Oscars manage to keep it under 4 hours, it will still be time well spent when compared to the BAFTAs.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Expecting an upset win. Somewhere. Actor, Supporting Actress, hell maybe we get our first Best Picture split.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Expecting an upset win. Somewhere. Actor, Supporting Actress, hell maybe we get our first Best Picture split.

The voting system is designed to keep a Picture split from happening. If that did happen, the studios would have a great case for collusion.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Most fun race in years because of the unpredictability.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Annoyed by the "McConaughey should win because he's cared for 2-3 years" narrative. By that logic, DiCaprio should have won years ago. Dude has been delivering the goods (even if the film itself sucks) since the double whammy of Catch Me If You Can and Gangs of New York in December '02. And Wolf of Wall Street is his career best work.

Let's face it. In another 5 years, McConaughey will be back slumming it in shit for big paychecks while DiCaprio is still kicking ass.

Seriously bro, don't shit on Mcheyheyhey. I got tons of love for Leo but Mcheyheyhey is bringing that A game son.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Leo has had the A game longer and stronger, yo. But Mcheyheyhey has certainly brought it since The Lincoln Lawyer, that isn't up for debate.
                              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Leo has had the A game longer and stronger, yo. But Mcheyheyhey has certainly brought it since The Lincoln Lawyer, that isn't up for debate.

McConaughey will win at some point in his career. I have the gut feeling that if DiCaprio doesn't win here, then he's going to get Peter O' Toole'd before he gets Paul Newman'd.

Comment

Working...
                                X