Underrated/Underused Actors and Actresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remar is great.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Matt Craven.

Most recently he was the arrogant and ignorant CIA boss in X-Men: First Class, but holy shit he has made a career out of being a nearly invisible but solid straight man actor.

It's because he's fucking good at his job (like many others) that we are willed into believing the outlandish premises of the films we end up enjoying.

He doesn't get the credit, but he's good.

I remember him most fondly as the paranoid scientist from Jacob's Ladder. Fucking great in that too.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'd love to see the original Remar as Hicks footage just for the head-exploding reaction.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I got to hear Remar talk about how he auditioned for The Warriors when I saw a screening of it at the New Bev. Again, it was so great.

Other names:
          John Lithgow
          Jeff Daniels (I'm looking forward to that HBO show he's supposed to be in)

And I remember Matt Craven from a late 90s cop show called HIGH INCIDENT.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
            Matt Craven.

I remember him most fondly as the paranoid scientist from Jacob's Ladder. Fucking great in that too.

THIS.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Bruce McGill

Hell, even Ted Danson

See him in The Onion Field

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                I'd love to see the original Remar as Hicks footage just for the head-exploding reaction.
                Like Eric Roberts, Remar had drug problems which scuttled his career. Solid actor. Watch 'Quiet Cool' sometime and see him deliver the goods.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

No kidding? Remar looked fucking great, I had no idea he was my dad's age.

Comment

Jeffrey DeMunn. You know him from 'The Walking Dead' and 'The Mist', probably. The guy's been around for years delivering quality work. He would have received an Oscar nomination for 'Citizen X' for best supporting actor if that had been released to theaters (it was an HBO film). Hell, everyone involved in that film would have been nominated.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Zeiko Ivanek

Now you may be wondering just who the fuck that guy is. He may have an odd name but that guy is in EVERYTHING. I know him best as Assistant States Attorney Ed Danvers in Homicide. He was also Ray Fisk in Damages.
                      Anyone that does not celebrate this man is on the wrong forum.

Comment

Funny you mention Citizen X because what the fuck has Stephen Rhea been up to these past few years?

Comment

It's nice to see actors like Ray Winstone and Brendan Gleeson graduate from this list. They've broken through into mainstream success.

Comment

Stephen

Mc

Fucking

Hattie.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              Funny you mention Citizen X because what the fuck has Stephen Rhea been up to these past few years?
                              I don't know, but he's a fantastic actor. 'Citizen X' would have gotten him an Oscar Nom for best actor, guaranteed. Donald Sutherland would have gotten a bust supporting actor nom as well. FANTASTIC movie.

Another great HBO film: 'Tailspin: Behind the Korean Airliner Tragedy'. Michael Moriarty, Ed O'Ross, Michael Wincott, Michael Murphy, Harris Yulin. This would have earned some award nominations.

Comment

My only hangup with Citizen X and maybe it was budgetary, but Rhea's kids don't age during the entire investigation. And that investigation went on for YEARS.

Comment

Working...
                                X